Mitsubishi Shogun Sport

deaf dog

I'm looking at swapping my current car for a shogun sport, Anyone got one or had one and what do you think of them? I'm looking at a warrior spec with the 18" alloys which I'm worried about restricting tyre choice and having an effect on ride quality. From the rest of the interweb the only downside I can see is they're a bit thisty but it'll not do many miles. your thoughts please (appart from you should get a landrover etc etc:rolleyes:)
cheers

The large petrol engined ones are ideal candidates for LPG conversions, 60p/litre. If you buy a tank yourself, as per heating LPG but with a filler nozzle attatched, it's possible to do it much cheaper again!

They are comfy too!

Simon

Turning circle crap, decient ride for a 4x4 will last a long while, go for the oil burner.

Bod

shogun sport

Had an 06 one just the SWB it was an auto but was fairly decent onthe forestry roads and comfortable on the road did like the fuel though.

Cant agree with red dot i found the performace good.

Cheers

I had the diesel version for three years from new averaged 27mpg no matter what. Towing 27mpg, 1 person in 27 mpg, 5 people in 27mpg! As Bodach said turning circle rubbish so you soon get used to 23 point turns, service interval was only 7500m miles and the local dealers were £400 a time if you had to use then. Mind you I had it on a lease and the fuel was more a month than the vehicle (lease £220 plus vat a month!)

Not a Shogun but the "Sport" version... cheese cylinder heads and bearings made from plasticene.

Got an 03 plate in 3.0 petrol with all the trim. Happy with it as it gives me all the car stuff I want with the 4 x 4 when needed. No issues with turns versus another 4 x 4.

Is just an L200 with a full length body on top.

Stan

check service history, oil change important or big ends go, need decent tyres to go off road at all. gut shot deer anddogs stink it out, better off with doublecab and hard top!!!

Red-dot,

OP is wanting to change his car, not a 4x4. So he's in the Disco, Freelander, Jeep range of motors, not a crew cab.

Stan

I have had an 03 plate since 05 and love it,it does me for my job and my stalking but the turning circle is a bit of a pain.

point taken about the L200, but I couldn't get the green light from the boss lady for one as she HAS to use it in the snow and it would of cost a couple of hundred quid a year more to insure. Been looking around for a while, for some reason the road tax jumps between 55 plate and 06 plate from £260 up to £460!

point taken about the L200, but I couldn't get the green light from the boss lady for one as she HAS to use it in the snow and it would of cost a couple of hundred quid a year more to insure. Been looking around for a while, for some reason the road tax jumps between 55 plate and 06 plate from £260 up to £460!

you don't want to know about the equivalent L200 then :doh:

£210 job done makes a big difference on the newer vehicles

Back