Hi from Windy Wellington New Zealand

I found this site via a member (whose member name I don't know) but is a member of a NZ forum, he recommended this site a being a good source of info, which is always great.

Been living in NZ for approx 4 years, but worked here on and off for nigh on 10 Years now.
Started hunting about 2 years ago, and have never looked back, shot my first Sika about 6 months ago in a fantastic and unspoiled area in the Central North Island.
I have two dogs one black lab who's only hobby is fish and chips, and a new GSP Bitch, who is showing fantastic potential.

My Friday night post work pre-home ritual involves a beer at work and watching Fieldsports TV (we have a faster internet connection at work, and free beer!), I love it!

Cheers
steve

Welcome and I am not jealous in any way. :lol: Sounds like you have found yourelf a pretty good way of life.

Sounds like heaven, welcome to the site, we've a few down unders on here now and although I shoot a lot of deer a year, always wanted to hunt in N.Z. 35 years ago I wanted to emigrate to N.Z, had a job lined up with a company called Tiscos, a TV rental company, but my wife wouldn't go unless we took her horse!! as well. Shes my ex and I missed out on a great country and lifestyle. One day I'll hunt there, read a book called "Pack and Rifle", the story of a deer culler, Phillip someone I believe, a mans world in a beautiful country. Sika, very durable animal, mind you with pigs and Samba, Ch ital, Fallow, and other exotics how do find time for beer and tv. Silly question, you shoot one handed, welcome. deerwarden.:lol:

how do find time for beer and tv. Silly question, you shoot one handed, welcome. deerwarden.:lol:

I work in the movie business which is often mistaken for a wonderful lifestyle too, and sometime it it, but I'm doing 14 hour days 7 days a week right now.... so a beer and internet TV is as close as I get to the real deal for now, but hopefully in 4-6 weeks I will have the opportunity to get out again, so if I can figure out how to start a blog, I'll compose a report.
Yep it's not a bad lifestyle here, but like anywhere it has it's up and downs and as I'm sure your aware it's fair share of side to side movement (Earthquakes), but the freedom to Hunt without all the restrictions is a great plus.

"A Good keen man" by Crump makes for interesting reading, it's about a Deer Culler, and is very funny, although how much of it is fact or fiction I'll leave up to you.
Another great book is written by Alex Gale, a fantastic resource book, written by a man who knows his Sika, only available from his website though, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link but a google search should throw it up.

hi there i have just returned from nz hunting what a truly amazing place to hunt ,people are very friendly had a really good crack and lots of pinot noir and speights ,atb wayne,ps nothing beets drinking on top of a glasier after a hard days climbing:D

Welcome Steve any jobs going in your place. :D
My Friday night post work pre-home ritual involves a beer at work and watching Fieldsports TV (we have a faster internet connection at work, and free beer!), I love it

Welcome along. A very good friend of mine lives in Windy Wellington. I was fortunate enough to visit a couple of years back - a great place seemingly full of great people!

DC

Welcome 100watt,sure you will learn anything you want on here heaps of knowlege....

Philip Holden was the man behind the pen of Pack and rifle, Hunter by proffesion was another good read by this auther,NZ a hunters paradise also springs to mind....

Only fond memories of NZ for me, and a lot of sweat

Nell

Hi Steve

Welcome to the site, I have spent a little time in Wellington and around Upper Hut. A good read that is set just north of you is “Sika Hunter” by Neil Philpott another GSP user.

ATB

Tahr

Back