new to loading!

speedystu

Good evening all!
I have just started to reload and am looking for a bit of data that you guys might have!!
The bullets i am using are hornady ssg 95g
vargit powder
cci primmers
federal cases
any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks stu..

Hi Stu, I'm sure you know all this but just in case, specially as you haven't read that manual yet, you need to be very careful with loads posted by other people on the internet.

Most established reloaders who might post a load will make the assumption that anyone using it will check it with a manual and will work up from the minimum load to their pet load. Their load might be very hot indeed in your rifle, indeed it might be very hot indeed in their own rifle, and you probably like the eyes and teeth you have far too much to risk them on a load posted on the internet.

The Hodgdon web site has some loads, including Varget loads for 95 grain bullets in 243 but even so it is important that you work up from the minimum load and take it easy

http://www.hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html

The whole key to reloading, and it isn't an especially complex or difficult process really, is to take your time, watch carefully the results you are getting and understand what you are seeing before going any further. Sites like this are certainly a real boon when it comes to helping with understanding but are no substitute for learning the basics yourself.

Good luck and happy shooting with your reloads, be sure to post some reports on how they shoot.

i shall read it cover to cover before getting my fingers burnt!!!!! many thanks caorah! load and clear :thumb:

Hi Stu, I'm sure you know all this but just in case, specially as you haven't read that manual yet, you need to be very careful with loads posted by other people on the internet.

Most established reloaders who might post a load will make the assumption that anyone using it will check it with a manual and will work up from the minimum load to their pet load. Their load might be very hot indeed in your rifle, indeed it might be very hot indeed in their own rifle, and you probably like the eyes and teeth you have far too much to risk them on a load posted on the internet.

The Hodgdon web site has some loads, including Varget loads for 95 grain bullets in 243 but even so it is important that you work up from the minimum load and take it easy

http://www.hodgdon.com/basic-manual-inquiry.html

The whole key to reloading, and it isn't an especially complex or difficult process really, is to take your time, watch carefully the results you are getting and understand what you are seeing before going any further. Sites like this are certainly a real boon when it comes to helping with understanding but are no substitute for learning the basics yourself.

Good luck and happy shooting with your reloads, be sure to post some reports on how they shoot.

:thumb:~Muir

Hi Stu, it may be worth a post in the general discussions asking for reloading help, if you can find someone local and get them to take you through it step by step, then that would be better as you can ask questions along the way etc. If i were closer, i would offer to help but were a bit far apart!!

ATB,

FF

Back