'Cammo' stalking jackets

243varmint

After a bit of info.
Anybody know of any good products and deals on offer at the moment for some 'realtree' type stalking gear.
Maybe Deerhunter etc.
Been looking for a while now and just can't make my mind up.
Any surgestions would be very greatfull
Stone has given me one contact, anybody else got any clues
Many thanks
Jonathon.

I would recommend any Realtree type jacket made by Sportschief.
I have had mine now for 10 years and it is still as waterproof as ever. They are hard wearing and can't really fault it at all.
Its made of a saddlecloth material which has only ripped when I rolled a quad over it and me on the hill!
Bit of DIY sewing though and its right as rain.
Not sure who stocks them as I got it at the Scone Gamefair.
Hope this is of some help.
Cheers
Ben

Jonathon

I'd second Ben's recommendation for Sportchief jackets. I was put on to them by the stalker on the estate we go to in Scotland. I've had my first one for 8 or 10 years and it's as good as new, and it's had a hard life! I've just bought my second off eBay, not that I needed it, but I couldn't pass it up at that price!! I got my first from Wilf at Country Pursuits in Cricklade, but do a search on Google and you should find other stockists.

The only thing about the Sportschief is that they're a bit heavy. I do occasional trips to the US and have bought some of the Cabela's camo for friends here. In fact I bought a set of their 'packable' camo for the same stalker in Scotland. It's good stuff, very waterproof, very light, and packs down small for when you have an unpredictable day on the hill. I now have one of their Konifer pattern jackets in the same range that I use for most of my spring/autumn stalking down here in the South. I bought that off eBay as well!

willie_gunn

Cammo jkt

Stalkers uk has the Sportschief in their Specials category but only in lge , and xlge

243varmint said:
After a bit of info.
Anybody know of any good products and deals on offer at the moment for some 'realtree' type stalking gear.
Maybe Deerhunter etc.
Been looking for a while now and just can't make my mind up.
Any surgestions would be very greatfull
Stone has given me one contact, anybody else got any clues
Many thanks
Jonathon.

You can get a deerhunter ram jacket for £99.95 (1/3 off) here at the moment:

http://www.deepblueshooting.co.uk/category.aspx?id=1017&sale=true&subproducts=true&manufacturer=-1

I have never used the company before so cant vouch for them however i have one of these jackets and it is great, wind proof, waterproof and silent

Back