Any one fancy a Blaser R8?

Sorry, does nothing for me. I would buy 2 or 3 of Dennis Groom's or Callum Ferguson's custom jobs for that same money first. And they would shoot better.

The wood is stunning, but the engraving's not up to much. The wolf seems a bit crude to me.

I handled a Blaser for the first time at the Keepers fair and didn't really get it. I could see that the engineering involved was impressive, but when compared with a simple bolt action it seemed very complicated. Other than the ability to reload quickly (which I'm not sure is a great advantage to many UK stalkers) I couldn't see the point. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Bob

Ill take 2!!!!! :D:eek:

Mind you i couldn't bring myself to take it out of the cabinet! I don't see the need for all the bling for what is essentially a tool. I've not seen many gold plated claw hammers. :-|

ATB

Rob
243Sako

Damn the expense, give the cat another goldfish!

I don't like gold inlay on guns, it smacks of tastelessness to me :stir: but each to his own :cuckoo:

Simon

Ill take 2!!!!! :D:eek:

Mind you i couldn't bring myself to take it out of the cabinet! I don't see the need for all the bling for what is essentially a tool. I've not seen many gold plated claw hammers. :-|

ATB

Rob
243Sako

Colleague at work has a pair of Purdey hand engraved, gold inlaid duelling hammers......

Nice, but be honest, it'll still scratch the same on a barbed wire fence as one that cost £500! ;)

I think it looks pretty awful. I have an R93 and to be honest I think they are more a tool to do a job than a thing of beauty - they look well with just nice wood but once you start tarting them up with rather tasteless gold stuff and engraving and so on they just don't work for me.

Possible slightly "off topic", if so I apologise but...

What can you do with any Blaser, bespangled (at £15-18K) or not (at £2-2.5K, new) that you can't do quieter and plenty accurately with a Browning BLR at £800....?

It's not a trick question, I'm curious and I don't know the answer.

Back