You could cry, what a distaster

Paul at Fechan

I had my first and a really nice muntie trophy rotting out nicely in a tree in my garden. It was windy the other night and it fell out and the vixen than comes in our garden has taken it :evil:

B0LL0CKS!!! :cry: Gutted and lesson learned

bugger, same as me i had mine in a plastic bag hanging and it was all gloopy with fly /maggots and i let my gsp out one morning and went off to do something and on my return there was just the lower jaw left and tommy was looking rather pleased with himself . i thaught he would have had the ***** for a week but no he was fine .

My girlfriend's labrador has eaten my first muntjac skull as far back as the eye sockets. As muntjac are only scored on antlers, will I still be able to have it measured?

I cant understand why anyone leaves stinking heads about , skin them off and boil them out straight away

My girlfriend's labrador has eaten my first muntjac skull as far back as the eye sockets. As muntjac are only scored on antlers, will I still be able to have it measured?

Yes, no problem munties can be measured cut, uncut, taxidermied etc- it makes no difference as all points are related to antlers only.

Many years ago at another residence I had a Roe head in my barn waiting for it to `season` for a few days before I boiled it off.
It disappeared and a neighbour told me he had seen a certain black labrador carrying the head along the village road.
I went to the owners house and she produced it from her dustbin !

HWH.

All my crappy heads get left with the gralloch minus antler and good heads into freezer or prep'd ready for boiling.
Can't understand leaving them bout to rot.

Burco boiler is probably the best but a bit expensive, old tea urn either gas or electric, electric best if doing outdoors, as the gas ones can blow out if there is a bit of wind, much better than a pot if you have a few heads to do, I can do four roe heads at a time easy, and have done six at a squeeze, also tea urn is large enough to do a large Red stag.

I have a couple of electric Burco boilers purchased at car boot sales.
The oval one suits the larger species better and with an extension power lead they can simmer outside.

HWH.

Back