Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank God for smoke alarms

Thank God for smoke alarms

As I write this it is 9.00am on sunday morning after a night that could have ended very differently and trajically.
    At 1.30 am I was woken by the sound of the smoke detector sounding and Helen who lives with her husband and two little boys in the connected property screaming to get out.
    WE WERE ON FIRE!!!!!! If there is a world record for getting dressed and running out of a house,well ..... I broke it! Yes the main house was well and truly blazing and with the aadrenalin absolutely pumping through the veins we established that every one was out, dogs , cat et all.
    The fire service were on site as quick as is humanly possible when you reside 1.5 miles down a farm track in the middle of bumble****nowhere. the officers battled the blaze for 5 hours and got it under control and damped down . The fire fighters from shropshire fire service were fantastic , profesional and very reasuring to all that were seeing their home dissappear before them.
    any thing that could be salvaged was . and the heartbreaking job of filtering through all the fire and smoke damaged possesions and clothes now has to start.
    So gents the Brock and Norris workshop at the Buttery farm will not be accepting visitors for a period of three weeks whilst we try to get some semblance of order back
    and I crave your indulgence
    The main thing everyone is safe and well and all that was lost can and will be replaced or rebuilt. If it does not break you it makes you stronger.
    all the very best Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

I am sorry to hear about you trouble and wish you the best for a speedy recovery back to normal. Am very glad to hear that no one was hurt.

glad everyones ok mike. hope you all get back to normal as soon as possible.

I can just imagine the ride those fire bobbys had on that lane Mike, So pleased everyone got out in time, including the pets.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I can't imagine how you must feel this morning Mike... good to hear that everyone is safe.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

FResh air never smellled so good . I consider us all to be damned fortunate that everyone was unscathed. Very Very tired as you come down from the state of having adrenelin pumping through your veins . I think I will sleep for a week . have received many phone calls with offers of help and my appreciation is profound . I have been very lucky , my side of the building sustained very little in terms of fire damge and its mainly smoke contamination. the main house is just a shell now and is going to require a complete gut and rebuild . because is grade 2 listed building that is going to take time. To all the well wishers many thanks it means a lot!

So glad you all got out of this nightmare senario physically unscathed, if there is anything we can do to help Mike just call .
    I know you all lost a great amount of personable possesions but you got out alive and thats what counts the worlds a better place with you in it mate.

Pierre and Gavin @ Anglo Customrifles
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    FRESH AIR never smellled so good . I consider us all to be damned fortunate that everyone was unscathed.
    That say's it all Mr. Norris.

I am very sorry to hear of your misfortune,wishing you and yours all the very best.

Kind Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

So glad no-one was hurt, that at least is a silver lining.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying if there's anything we can do just ask.

All the best for a speedy return to normallity,

Sorry to hear of this Mike, but you glad all are OK

Last edited by Hornet 6; 22-05-2011 at 14:26.