BSA cf2 restocking...

SaltLick

Hi everyone...

I don't post here much but read a lot, and there seem to be quite a few members who are knowledgeable about BSA center fires.

I've just recently bought a .222 which I think is a CF2 but I'm left handed. So, rather than mangling the original stock I thought I'd have a look at a Richards micro fit and they can provide a left handed stock for a right handed action.

The problem here is that they only list the BSA Monarch (short & long) actions, so I guess I'm hoping they're the same or similar enough that a few hours with a file will help it fit!

Does anyone here have the two rifles for comparison please?

Thanks in advance ...

Hi Sikadog

I can't at the moment as I'm at work, but after more reading on the net I'm fairly sure it's a CF2: It's got the swept back bolt, floor plate release in front of the trigger guard and the brass button cocking indicator protruding from the top of the bolt shroud..

Do you have a monarch to compare it to or take measurements from, by chance?

Thanks - Fred

As far as I know the CF2 has the serial number beginning with 2R
There is a BSA rifles forum which has a section for LR and CF.

That's fantastic :)

To be honest I would imagine the range would be pretty similar, and as long as major things like the stock screw holes and magazine wells are in the same place, any other small amounts of inletting I can happily do to make it fit.

There's really no great hurry, but when you do have time would you be kind enough to measure the distance between the two stock screws, and the distance from the rear hole to the first inlet (trigger), and also from the rear hole to mag well inlet please?

As I say - no great hurry as I'm not doing this in the next few weeks!
Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
Fred
I have measured the spare stock I have with a vernier the measurements of this stock are
The stock front screw to the stock rear screw centre to centre is 7.9 inches
The centre of the rear screw hole to the back of the trigger hole is .32 inches
The centre of the rear screw hole to the back of the mag hole is 2.8 inches
I hope this helps.
Keith

Keith, that is very kind of you, thank you very much! :tiphat:

I've got an interview this evening, but will check it when I get home if I've got any energy left...
Thinking about it after I posted, it would have been simpler to ask if anyone had both rifles, and if the stocks swapped over easily, but Hey ho, this will do exactly the same and should be more precise!
Thanks again - Fred

Kieth - these measurements seem to match up very well, so I'll be planning to get that new stock! Thanks very much for your help -I'm very grateful...
Fred

Back