DMQ =Stalking Available

What are your deer stalking requirements at this moment in time.

• Total voters

6pointer

Are you happy with the stalking you have or could you do with more stalking or you might be looking for some more.What is your stalking availabuilty

Last edited:
Trying to work out how many qualified or un qualified stalkers are actually available to take on deer stalking or more deer stalking than they already have. My feeling Bob is that most Lev 2 The current industry standard are actually already involved heavely in deer stalking .

Last edited:
GOOD IDEA DAVE.HELPING OUT OTHERS NEW TO GETTING STALKING OF THERE OWN CAN ONLY BE A GOOD THING.VOTED ANYWAY.:cool:

Level 2 Portfolio submitted, I am more than happy with what I have at the moment. If I lived at home through the week, I could be in a position to take on a bit more, but feel that it would not be worth it at this moment.

TJ

The thing is Davie that people who don’t have any stalking, or want more see Level 2 as critical to achieving this. Personally I have level 2 and I couldn’t really manage any more land unless it was right on my door step then I might drop some of the other stuff that is further away.

ATB

Tahr

I have level 2, Advanced Stalker Certificate, am an AW, have fifty+ years experience, am retired and have no ground locally at all.
I don't know which box to tick :confused:

level 1,with previous game keeping experience,cant find any stalking land for myself only option is paid for days:(,had a post on here and not had a reply.i think part of the problem due to some people having to much and wont give other people a chance:mad:.would love a piece of my own nothing huge in size or numbers,just enough to go out when i want and see the odd one:rolleyes:

Have level 2 and have 2 small farms, 200 acres in total, would like more but all local farms are tied up by a few indivduals.

not got level 1 as yet had to cancel it due to working away ,trying to rebook asap have a small farm of my own with stalking with friends but looking for somewhere a bit bigger,atb wayne

had level one for several years, i have my level 2 portfolio (not yet started :oops:) have tried everywhere to get a bit of ground with no luck at all yet.

Have 3600 acre at the moment, so quite happy................lots of sitka spruce up this neck of the woods.

Wouldn't make a bit of difference to the landowners where I stalk if I had DSC1, 2 or nothing at all. Been on some of the ground now for 15 years. Got DSC1 in 2000.

Have Level 1 and portfolio for level 2 do quite a lot of stalking and guiding on land owned or run by others, still trying very hard to secure my own patch.
Big fat pockets seems to be the issue down this way Dave, most of them dont hardly stalk the land they but still just keep on buying up the rights at silly money so others cant.

Wouldn't make a bit of difference to the landowners where I stalk if I had DSC1, 2 or nothing at all. Been on some of the ground now for 15 years. Got DSC1 in 2000.

Same here. Did all my paper chasing 20+ years ago with the BDS and RAC. So I didn't vote.

Have Level 1 and portfolio for level 2 do quite a lot of stalking and guiding on land owned or run by others, still trying very hard to secure my own patch.
Big fat pockets seems to be the issue down this way Dave, most of them dont hardly stalk the land they but still just keep on buying up the rights at silly money so others cant.
couldn`t agree more mate,the pheasant shoot im on,theres and old boy whoose pals with the land factor and pays peppercorn rent(i think we most be covering part of the cost).i think hes been seen twice in about 9 years,asked him if i could take it on pay the rent and he could have a free place,turned down flat,wont let any body else shoot it,yet the game syndicate are the ones keeping poachers away and foxes down:rolleyes:. what do you think peoples average land amount is,and how much is too much,id be happy with 200-300 acres

Back