Maximuim production

widows son

View attachment 6916View attachment 6917
Before the rain came on Saturday.

New plantation thats now 14 bucks over the last couple of weeks.
As you can see theres plenty of green grass about on the picture of the two roe you can see the size of the plantings, this is the time to stop or reduce the numbers before the damage starts .

Last edited:
Strange the coat difference in the second picture considering they are from the same area.

14 Bucks is a fair amount.

TJ

Well done Bob, that's a pretty good turnover!

Makes me even more desperate to get back at 'em!

all the best,

Alex

Nice work indeed. Is that 14 bucks off the one plantation? good going any rate.

DC

Yes this is a plantation i picked up a few weeks ago after a bit of home work ,i approached the landowner he was very interested in "me helping him out" as i told him when i dropped of the copies of my certificates etc it is a management process hit it extremely hard to start with get it to workable numbers and manage it there after .

As i stated to him, this is part of a community walk way and forestry, people like to see some wild life so iradication is not in the equation ,not the reason he planted it
he's now had some of the fruits of my labour i dropped him in a box of venison, he's hooked on the pies & burgers .

Davie at this moment the ground I'm stalking is more than workable with ease by one person ,to join your deer management group ,would only be holding a place from someone else .

The ground I'm working on is small blocks only manageable using most of the tools in the box .

I have to go and see some white settlers about a bit of ground the previous owner planted ,I've had a look at it there's approximately 90% tree damage there was a guy who was meant to be controlling them, I think he's blind, I counted 20 deer on it with the lamp easy shooting totally bomb proof back stops ,so the guy want me to reduce the numbers but also wants to keep the other guy ,so it will be a big hit every now and then .

Oh, you can see why they's want to keep the other guy on - he sounds to be doing a great job! I didn't know that the RNIB offered a stalking scheme.

DC

Remiss of me he is in his 70s it only a odd deer for him but big BUT he was recommended to them by the last owner .
By the time I sorted the problem it will only be the odd deer this is 142 acres of frayed hardwoods there's hardly one that isn't trashed or stomped into the ground .

The management company if there is one will get there nuts pull in a sling ,because of the damage .

Back