Roe Fawns/Kids

downwind

My wife and I were out walking the dog this morning and came across this:-
DSC02643.jpg

DSC02644.jpg

Nothing unusual but last week I was stalking only about a mile away and there were Kids that I would have said were around a month old.
Before finding this fawn, we'd disturbed the best buck that I've seen for years in the same meadow.
Oh and yes I do have the stalking there:smug:
Cheers, Pete.

Because I should imagine that some silly ill informed bugger will come across it & think its been abandoned! :rolleyes:

Brilliant pic by the way

Chris

OK, just to humour any "silly ill informed buggers", not such a good photo but here's mother (centre left)
DSC02642.jpg
[/IMG]
Pete.

Had the "silly ill informed buggers" 2 years ago on one of my grounds, I had just arrived & was getting the kit sorted from the truck when a bunch of walkers came down the track, seeing me with the Mannlicher slung across my back they said " oh we were walking across the field over there & saw a baby deer in the hedge, should someone do something about it"!!

"Why were you in that field" says I "when there is no footpath within 1/2 mile of here" "oh we were just out for an evenings stroll" says they"!! "We thought it was ok to walk across here".

So after 5 minutes of educational talk from me on where they could & couldn't walk & some deer ecology off they went much more informed. Oh & I shot a nice Buck that evening.

Chris

Back