Bucks fever kicks in (on film)

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
Ah its roe buck time again and the crops are up meaning neck shots off the sticks.
So my average will drop now.
This is shown by kind permission of the client who was worried the does would discover us.
After looking down his scope at the deer making there way towards us it got to much and the fever kicked in.
You will see the doe who is nearer jump and he thought they were much closer from the view in the scope.
the buck was actually about 85m's and his neck was just creased cutting hair.
it was finally shot at about 50m's.
the gun is an UN-moderated .308.
The shots were ALL safe I assure you so NO comments on that please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it just goes to show, Buck Fever can can catch anyone out!!!

All the same well done to you both.

Rgds, Buck.

Sorry guys, the only good thing about the video in my book is it shows how it should not be done. And people wonder why the FEOs are insisting on mentoring. I know it is an 'if' but what if the 1st or 2nd shot nicked the neck and the buck instead of being stupid and stopping for a 3rd time, ran off injured????

Sorry guys, the only good thing about the video in my book is it shows how it should not be done. And people wonder why the FEOs are insisting on mentoring. I know it is an 'if' but what if the 1st or 2nd shot nicked the neck and the buck instead of being stupid and stopping for a 3rd time, ran off injured????

are you sure all missed....

And what makes you think it wasn't nicked??
read the OP.
If only everyone who hunts could be as cool under those circustances as you and me, EH F.Ter.
20052011600.jpg

I have seen sternums clipped on perfect broadside animals off the bi pod, sadly everything isn't always like in the dsc1 classroom when your in the field under those circumstances.
Deer get clipped even by marksmen who shoot everyday. Any amount of mentoring will not stop this happening occasionaly.

As said "buck fever" it happens and there was an happy ending !Simples!
nice video to john proves the mod thing again
Lee

Last edited:
The cut hair can clearly be seen here also.
ianblr.jpg

what if it had been killed with the first shot? or missed and run off to fight another day??
what if I had laid in?? what if i had broken down on the way there??
what if what if what if what if.

Lets be fair to the guy squeezing the trigger on the film. I think he is also aware that this is not how it should be done.

**** happens, and all the mentoring in the world will not stop this happening on the odd occasion. Lets not dare think about going down the route of more red tape.

Fair play for showing the not so ideal scenario.

me thinks, the chap needs to invest in a mod and also practice off sticks more ?????????????????.

anyway well done

ATB

Dave

To be fair to the shooter he did really well to steady down and hit it with the last shot. when things go wrong it's easy to fall apart. nice video Jon.

Ezzy

me thinks, the chap needs to invest in a mod and also practice off sticks more ?????????????????.

anyway well done

ATB

Dave
Why does he need a mod? if anything I would say this proves he doesnt need a mod?

we all miss and if you havnt missed yet you havnt done enough shooting, fair play to the chap for showing his misstakes as already said and we must all remember we all make mistakes but its what we do after and what we learn that makes the difference

Back