first follow up with the GWP

Trevor.

Hi all as some of you know i bought my self a GWP pup feb last yr which makes him 17months old , to say it been hard work would be a understatment from eating anything in his path and selective deafness :doh: .Anyway the last month or two he has started to come round to my way of thinking so i have been taking him out stalking with me, my self and a couple of friends made the long trip up to scotland last weekend to stalk a peice of my ground for some bucks to cut a long story short the frist day one of the lads had two grassed, day two i managed to grass a nice 6 pointer which the dog was with me and loved the whole thing , then the last day on the evening stalk i placed one of the lads in a highseat and off i went for a stalk i managed to grass another one, yearling buck. Myself and a couple the lads met at the truck just before dark, and then came a text i need the dog by which time it was raining and at last light not the best conditons for the pups first full follow up, anyway off we went it is now 10.30pm as we walked buck (thats the pups name) over to the shot site the dog was very keen so off he went straight to the spot where the buck was last seen and he was straight over the fence and in under the tree line what seemed like a life time about 1 minute he appeared and walked along the fance line (wood side) about 80yds and jumped back over the fence in to the field still going down the fence line about 10yds in the long grass he found his buck in a place which no one would of looked as the last time it was seen was heading in to the wood , i don't know who was the happiest me to see the dog find his first deer, the lad that took the shot , or the dog waiting for his kidney supper:D. and while all this was going on adam had the brains to order a takeaway to pick up on the way home . And the moral of the story is patience is a vurtue, the last seventeen months have been all worth while.

View attachment 6995

Last edited:
Nice one Buck and Trevor I suppose ;)

Its a nice feeling, a mix of relief and pride.

Might have guessed Adam wouldnt forget the takeaway :lol::lol:

Atb

Wayne

Nice one Buck and Trevor I suppose ;)

Its a nice feeling, a mix of relief and pride.

Might have guessed Adam wouldnt forget the takeaway :lol::lol:

Atb

Wayne

In my defence, we wouldn't have needed the takeaway if that shaggy-haired, crocodile-jawed thieving git of a dog hadn't systematically stolen every item of food from the truck, including my pastie... I reckon he'd have found that deer in half the time if he hadn't been weighed down with 4 lbs of mince, 2 large pasties and all the other crap he found in the back of the Disco' :lol:

He's coming on well though (Buck that is, not Trevor) and found that Roe without any drama at all, in conditions that were pretty awful - it was pouring with rain and the corner of the field where the deer dropped must have been covered in scent from the two deer that R and I shot and gralloched there the day before. I have his sister, Fern, and she is very similar in temperment (great nose, very vocal, steals anything edible :rolleyes:) - I hope she comes on as well as Buck has.

Adam.

In my defence, we wouldn't have needed the takeaway if that shaggy-haired, crocodile-jawed thieving git of a dog hadn't systematically stolen every item of food from the truck, including my pastie... I reckon he'd have found that deer in half the time if he hadn't been weighed down with 4 lbs of mince, 2 large pasties and all the other crap he found in the back of the Disco' :lol:

He's coming on well though (Buck that is, not Trevor) and found that Roe without any drama at all, in conditions that were pretty awful - it was pouring with rain and the corner of the field where the deer dropped must have been covered in scent from the two deer that R and I shot and gralloched there the day before. I have his sister, Fern, and she is very similar in temperment (great nose, very vocal, steals anything edible :rolleyes:) - I hope she comes on as well as Buck has.

Adam.

My Max is the same big nose, eat anything and likes the sound of his own voice :-| my missus say's just like his owner :oops::oops::lol::lol:

Trevor

Surely that isn't what the sweet little pup I sold you turned into is it?!?!?!

He looks great. Pleased he is doing well for you despite being slightly headstrong by the sounds of it! (more than one in the litter turned out that way and funnily enough the other dog is almost exactly the same colour.

Every time I look at that face I think its a picture of his mother....

Back