Help

Harry mac

Gentlemen, I'm on the scrounge. The priming arm on my Lee Classic Cast press has snapped. This wouldn't ordinarily be a problem as I have an RCBS APS hand priming unit that I usually use. However the Classic Cast is the only "priming unit" I have that can accept the shell holder for my Martini Henry ammo. With a comp coming up and no ammo loaded for the 577-450 I either need to move quickly or just not shoot the MH in the comp.
Has anyone got a "large" primer arm for a Lee Classic Cast press they could let me have please?

Harry. Wish I could help. Does your local dealer have a Lee Ram Prime unit on his shelves? I keep one for just such an emergency. ~Muir

(How the heck did you break that prim unit?? An can you epoxy, screw plate, fix that thing enough to make it work long enough to get the job done? Got a photo?)

Well, I finally got round to doing something about this. In the meantime I've been using the small primer arm as a substitute, but it wasn't ideal.
I sent Lee Precision an e-mail telling them the problem and they've put me one in the post free of charge.
Lee may not be the absolute best kit in the world, but it's functional and their customer service seems on the ball. The press is too old to still be covered by Lee's guarantee, but they never even asked about the age of the press.

Last edited:
Yes I had to go and phyiscally check before posting. It's here sitting beside the computer now. Still have my dies and presses have not checked for the Uniflow............................... suppose I had better do so. I suppose that's the trouble of having so much stuff one cannot remember all of it at one time. Tis only when you go to look for it or use it you realise it's not there.

Back