Thread: browning X-bolt rifle opinions

browning X-bolt rifle opinions

Hi all

Was looking at the synthetic X-bolt in a .223 for foxing

it seems a lot cheaper then other on the market,

are they any good or a low price for a reason ?

They are very good. I shoot 3/4" at 100 yards with cheap ammo. mine is a 243. lot of people don't like the trigger. sttruggle to get it down below 4 lps. I overcome the problem by shooting my 22 annie which has a heave trigger so makes the browning feel light.
    I am also working on a trigger mod, which may or may not be a success.
    Overall, they shoot really well and even better than some that cost 3 times as much. But that is only my opinion. I will not be parting with mine, well not till someone offers me one in left hand.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have two, and have nothing to complain about. For me the trigger is spot on, as I dont like light triggers, having tried quite a few rifles before I chose the X-Bolt it seemed to me by far the best value for money.

Hope that helps.

Love mine and the triggers can be adjusted mines at about 3 which suits me fine

+1 got a .223SS when they first came out, light,accurate and not to bad on the eye.
    There has been quite a few threads on this subject, and pretty much everybody who owns one seems suited with it.
    dont see many for sale secondhand either.

An excellent rifle and well worth the cash. straight out of the box and zeroed in less than 10 shots. Voted rifle of the year 2010 by the NRA.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Mine is in .223 and I love it, although the trigger is a little heavy compared to my other rifles.
    But even so I will still buy another when a bigger calibre is wanted.

EDIT: There is another thread running about the trigger Any Mechanical Engineers on this site?
    Mine is now a well sorted trigger
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 28-05-2011 at 01:47.

I tried it when I was in the market for a .223. I wasnt impressed with the trigger and it just didnt 'fit'. I bought a bog standard howa instead. With homeloads it shoots .4" so im happy. Try before you buy!

got a .243 find the trigger fine after adj .shoots under an inch with factory ammo even considering one in 30-06 as you cannot beat them for price either ,swillingtons do them for around 670

I have the .223 and .243 A bolt syntheteic blued and I have nothing but excellent grouping from both, I have the bushnell elite 6500 x 50mm on each one and they are on the the button the pair of em - wouldn't change em - good bit of kit for a down to earth price all in, the both kits with scopes, moderators etc cost a little over two thousand five including a good discount.

223 and 243 have different threads for mod