Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter to Summer

Winter to Summer

Caught up with another old friend this morning on the way to work.....

turns into Summer............ And still in the same corner of the same field by the little industrial Estate.

Its good to see a few that dont get shot at...........

Happy Days

Nice Photo,Is he on your ground?He looks a nice beast also.
    Atb John.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

No, the buck isnt on my ground. It is living on a couple of rough fields next to a small industrial estate on one side and private houses and gardens on two other sides. A road passes the fields on the forth side. These photos were taken from the road this morning at about 05.30am.

In our neck of the woods this buck wouldnt be anything special. I would call it a reasonable-good 'representative head, of maybe up to 350gms,as although high(ish) it lacks any thickness to make it especially heavy,
    Here is another picture from the side. Good back tines, but no real thickness. A fairly mature animal by the look of its body ?Pictures taken at about 100 metres away

Last edited by Lakey; 27-05-2011 at 20:11.

Cracking photo's Andy

Well have to get out for a walk with the camera's and leave the rifles at home bud

Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Well, I went to see if I could find the buck again this year to try and make it three years running , as I had 'found' and watched the animal in 2010, photographed it in 2011 - both in winter and summer coat. I waited by the small field next to the industrial estate, cars roaring past all the time. After about twenty minutes, out came the buck accompanied by two does. It is 100% the same buck as it has a very noticable tear in the lower half of its left ear, giving the ear the appearance of being almost in two halves. I took some photos of him again and hope to get a few of him in summer coat as well in a few months time. He has got some slope on his coronets now, and it will be interesting to see just how good he is when he sheds his velvet.

Here are the photos taken this evening at around 5.45pm, on my way home from work

Impressive photos!

great photo's.....roll on april the 1st.