Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful....

Reasons to be cheerful....

Spent 3 hours sat in a high seat last night overlooking a wheat field, with my back against a large block of woodland. Just as things started to look a bit promising a car rolled up with no less than 6 dogs in it that proceeded to run riot through the wood....nothing I could say/do as the wood is in different ownership.

A sign stating that Adders are very previlent in the wood normally sorts them pesky dog walkers out!

No in all seriosness we get it all the time. The estate where i do a lot of my stalking has privately owned ex fc woods and the public think it's there god given right to trundle around all over it. You put a sign up saying private and the next day it is ripped off and thrown into the bushes.

It's happened to me quite a few times recently...think I'll have to give up on the evenings and concentrate on morning stalking.

Common problem nationwide few weeks ago travelled for an hour before dawn to meet someone who was late but shot a buck at first light went back to meeting point and glassed a wood edge it was like piccadilly circus by 6.00Am must have counted 15dogs in as many minutes this was in North Yorks countryside

On my patch MR the dog walkers rock up at the same time as me, just before dawn, in the summer months . If someone is travelling with dogs in a car it is unlikely they gonna stop visiting especially in the evenings as they are making a concerted effort to get there if you know what I mean?

as long as the blocks are big enough deer get used to it shot quite a few deer ten mins or so after walkers have passed ,we try and use them to our advantage .the woods are 500 +acres ,my mate jokes we should wear bright coats and make a puffin noise like a jogger running .on a more serious note i can see how annoying it is if you have no where else close and from a safety aspect .we have courting couples ,lads up to no good ,joggers ,walkers ,birders ,mt bikers ,horse riders the list goes on

I am led to believe that someone I know gutted some rabbits in a wood where there was tresspasser problems and left them laying about. I am then told that the dog in question ate the guts. I am then quite sure that the dog went home in front of the fire and slowly expanded and then spewed up all over the carpet. I would then have expected them not to return in case any dirty bugger did the same thing again.

I was shocked
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Stalkers online shop at or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Yesterday, I got made redundant effective from august 31st from my full time teaching job (not barony that I do L1's with) but the school where I work. They offered me 2 days a week in place which won't cover sod all mortgage wise. Last week my partner told me she was pregnant again... which will make number 5 (yes I know keep it in the pants or get the snip) and the house needs work

What a giggle this whole life thing is. I think I will go stalking, it's all good . I'll worry about all the other stuff later...
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 28-05-2011 at 17:47. Reason: I'm a grammer mong

If i see people with dogs not under close control i tell them there is a vermin control program in operation with fox snares and squirrel poison about.Never seen dogs go on a lead as quick,dont usually see them again