muntjac stalking

td

i would like the opinion of any experience muntjac stalker what is your preference when hunting muntjac high seats or stalking on foot and what has been your most productive thanks Trevor

Depends greatly on the type of ground and more importantly, ground cover! If you are in small woods with a lot of cover, then you need to be close, and the only way to get that close is from a seat. However, larger woods with sparse cover might favour being on foot. I also seem to get more Does from seats above cover as they rarely leave it! Foot stalking I'll generaly get more Bucks as they will roam around more to visit more does.
Both methods are productive in the right area!
I've often shot 3 or 4 from one seat. Most I ever had was foot stalking though - 9 Munties and 2 Roe Does in one afternoon stalk!:eek:
I've never got close to that number before or since though! Just one of those very lucky 'Red Letter Days' I reckon?
MS:)

Depends greatly on the type of ground and more importantly, ground cover! If you are in small woods with a lot of cover, then you need to be close, and the only way to get that close is from a seat. However, larger woods with sparse cover might favour being on foot. I also seem to get more Does from seats above cover as they rarely leave it! Foot stalking I'll generaly get more Bucks as they will roam around more to visit more does.
Both methods are productive in the right area!
I've often shot 3 or 4 from one seat. Most I ever had was foot stalking though - 9 Munties and 2 Roe Does in one afternoon stalk!:eek:
I've never got close to that number before or since though! Just one of those very lucky 'Red Letter Days' I reckon?
MS:)

+1

I have shot most on foot, my best day being 5 but have shot doubles from high seats.

I guess its whatever suits you and your ground and if you can do both good luck to you :)

Max

I love stalking them on foot as they are so difficult but that said if I have a client with me I would rather be in a high seat as I think it gives a little more time to way things up and this seems to be important when it is their first one or when the client is of the noisey variety.

Mark

I love stalking them on foot as they are so difficult but that said if I have a client with me I would rather be in a high seat as I think it gives a little more time to way things up and this seems to be important when it is their first one or when the client is of the noisey variety.

Mark

+1 with you there mark

Back