Advice please: is this ready for peroxide?

DC .270

IMAG0162.jpgIMAG0160.jpgIMAG0161.jpg
Hi all,

I've been trying to pick every last bit of anything other than bone off this head over the last week or so. I get the feeling that I could keep going until I'm in the 6' pit at this rate and still have something attempting to cling on somewhere!

Can I add the peroxide in its present state? Does the peroxide aside from bleaching the skull remove the final remnants of dead tissue?

Thanks in advance,

DC

Sorry, should probably have mentioned that this is the first one that I have attempted to do so apologies for the basic question.

Thanks again,

DC

By what I can make out from the photos, I would boil it again maybe you did not boil it long enough the first time
should not take you a week to clean about an hour max once its boiled, how long you boil will depend on the age of the Buck from around twenty Min's. to maybe 45 for a real old boy, once boiled I can clean three quite easily in an hour.

That is ready for the peroxide and yes it will remove the small bits of tissue left dependant on strength and time left in contact.

Dave

Thanks guys. We'll soon know the answer... I've left it with peroxide on since about lunchtime yesterday. Admittedly I wanted to strip it off before I lefit for work last night but will clean the cotton wool off at about 9 this morning.

Hopefully it'll turn out well.

Thank again,

DC

Dc if its had 24hrs of strong peroxide it will be eating int bone time to give it a good rinse in plenty of clean water.I boiled one yesterday forgot it and after a clean with Steam cleaner to remove flesh and brain skull had dark stains and think its spoilt:doh:

I shared that concern. It's only a mild one - about 6 - 9%. It's not come up too brilliant either - going to give it another couple of yours I think.

Shame about your poached head!

DC

After 16 hours with 6 - 9% peroxide this is the result.

IMAG0163.jpg

A friend kindly offered the use of his workshop for a coupl of hours so I've knocked up a shield to mount it to out of oak - now waiting for some lacquer! (He's done himself one and kept an eye on me!)

Any ideas what mounting mechanism is most suitable?

Thanks,

DC

you can buy proper mounting clips but a screw through the shield and into some no nails in the skull and left a day or dry did my last one that a farmer wanted see your mate he will almost sure to have some suitable advantage of no nails is its white some tube gap filling glues are gray.

Back