New seat produces again

Last week i built a new seat, not exactly a high seat but one that enables me to see over the bracken etc, and get me up away from the midges.
P1012530.jpg

After several days of strong wind and rain, i finaly got a nice evening to try it.

I was watching a doe for about 20 mins straight out in front across a gully
P1012536.jpg

When a good buck appeared, eventualy he presented a broadside shot so i let loose a 140gr gameking from my 6.5x55
P1012534.jpg

A quick photo then time to get my hands warm.

The finished head
P1012544.jpg

P1012543.jpg

nice looking head you got there! is that your new method of cleaning heads in the background, a quick dunk in those fearsome looking fish??:D

regards, Jez.

Brilliant mate!
Like the look of the high seat too!
Could do with 1 of those, any more info on it?

Cheers
Daz

Nice seat ,when your bracken is at that height break the stems to the ground you'll find doing it a couple of time a season will stop it coming up allowing the grass to come up ,saves loads of work looking for a shot beasty in heavy undergrowth .

The fish are a cross between gold and piranha, they bite worse than they look :D

The seats are very easy to make, i bought four 3m lenghts of 3x2, put a screw through them at the pivot point, put a brace across top/bottom/sides.
The ladder and rifle rest are off big pallets from work.

If you were buying all your wood then six lenghts would see it completed. :thumb:

Nice 1 mate, thanks for the info.
Lovely looking buck by the way!!!

Cheers
Daz

Nice seat and cracking buck!!! Out of interest what is the trophy weight at the moment. (i appreciate it still needs to dry)

ATB

Rob
243Sako

The fish are a cross between gold and piranha, they bite worse than they look :D

The seats are very easy to make, i bought four 3m lenghts of 3x2, put a screw through them at the pivot point, put a brace across top/bottom/sides.
The ladder and rifle rest are off big pallets from work.

If you were buying all your wood then six lenghts would see it completed. :thumb:

Lovely buck.

Great simple seat design :thumb:, I think I will knock one of those up myself.

Cheers

Ross

Thanks for the comments lads, the head weighes 540gms at the moment, im sure you know it will lose weight with drying time. :thumb:

I will see after 90 days.

Great stuff, dont you love it when a plan comes together :) Great seat, great head, very satisfying I imagine!
regrards Willy

Thanks for the comments lads, the head weighes 540gms at the moment, im sure you know it will lose weight with drying time. :thumb:

I will see after 90 days.

it will loose upto 15% or there abouts , i shot a nice one about the same time as yours started off at 620 and is now 525g so realisticly im looking at a big bronze mabe silver .

Back