Right well after getting a nice little six point buck I thought I should mount it and fancied doing it myself.
So anyway I set about skinning the head and then boiled it out which was nice and easy. and it came up well although i lost a little colour to the base of the coronets.
I then left the skull soaking in the sink whilst going to boots to buy some 6% hydrogen peroxide. Once home I soaked cotton wool in the peroxide and left it on for 16 hours and gave it a clean and the skull came up well.
Anyway I set about trying to cut the skull into something like a skull ready to be mounted. So i put it in the work mate and started to cut with a saw and gradually it became smaller as I tried to make it symmetrical anyway it got to the point where I was happy with it and looked at having it mounted.
Adrian C off her replied to my thread very kindly offering to send me a shield with the mounting clip thing on it that arrived today. Thanks again Adrian.
Anyway in a matter of moments the skull was on the shield and then hammered on the wall. Im happy with how its come out and actually quite enjoyed the whole process of it all. Once more thanks for the shield Adrian.