Badgers

trouble

Sat out tonight on a new bit of land thats pretty quiet and saw two ginger badgers well before dark , just wondered how many other people have come across them

Seen a few round here,as far as i'm aware they are albinos but they do look a bit ginger because the soil stains them a bit i guess,one place in particular seem to always see them year on year.

Thats interesting Irwch not like the ones i have mine have no discernable stripes,just look to be dirty white ones,those ones look like true gingers.

Thats interesting Irwch not like the ones i have mine have no discernable stripes,just look to be dirty white ones,those ones look like true gingers.

I didn't see any noticeable stripes on the one I saw either. Given that I was in Norfolk at the time and having no knowledge of ginger badgers, my immediate thought was that the reports of the eradication of coypu were a little premature!

I didn't see any noticeable stripes on the one I saw either. Given that I was in Norfolk at the time and having no knowledge of ginger badgers, my immediate thought was that the reports of the eradication of coypu were a little premature!
Ahh the good old coypu,i used to fish a lot of waters in east anglia years ago and never saw one,i didn't know they had managed to eradicate them,young probably been eaten by all the mink no doubt.

There is a lot of destruction of bumble bee and wasps nest by badgers, perhaps they use the honey and pollen as hair conditioner?

My son and I frequent a prairiedog town a bit west of my place and have observed a few badgers hunting there. We have no problem with them and actually like watching them. They are very aggressive and will run down a human some times. (I was once chased a quarter mile by an angry badger.) One day, we noticed that the badgers were gone. We hadn't seen one in weeks despite seeing the evidence of their pursuit of the prairiedogs.

A couple of days later we were sitting in JAYB's favorite rabbit-busting valley when my son spotted a "badger" up on the ridge line 200 yards our left. When we binoed it, it was a wolverine. What this beast was doing down out of the hills on the prairie is beyond me, but I'm thinking it drove out the badgers. I don't know which bothers me more: the mountain lions or the wolverines. In any event, I don't go wandering around that area without being well armed! ~Muir

Monday past i'm on my way to the local village at 6am and found a flatpacked badger in the middle of the road lying next to it was the front bumper from a focus ST in bits,:doh: got to the village and got a phone call to help tow a focus in to the local garage with a cooked engine!!!!!:rolleyes:

EXPENSIVE THINGS BADGERS:lol:

feb time had a road kill albino one just up the road from my house good size and condition as well over run with them and foxes just got permition to sort the foxes shame about the badges people do notno the damage thay do no skylark or lapwings now dispite ideal conditions:banghead:

ive seen one a few years ago local to me and a keeper friend of mine has one stuffed was quire a handy animal as just like a white pheasant it let you know what they ot up to and and where they were

Monday past i'm on my way to the local village at 6am and found a flatpacked badger in the middle of the road lying next to it was the front bumper from a focus ST in bits,:doh: got to the village and got a phone call to help tow a focus in to the local garage with a cooked engine!!!!!:rolleyes:

EXPENSIVE THINGS BADGERS:lol:

One wrote off my Mercedes a few years ago. £10k damage to the fan/engine/sump/driveshaft/wish bone/etc.

Not been particularly big fan of badgers since!

Back