Fieldsports channel (Episode 79)

rockingod

Is it me or was the fox (video time 18.59) skylined with no safe backstop ? I know that Roy was 100% fully aware of the circumstances and probably knew that it was a safe shot to take but I would be interested in your comments......

Rocky

I haven't even looked.
Why is this site not called the safe backstop lets pull it to bits site.
Don't know about some of you but this theme gets a little thin after an airing every week.
I personally don't air 75% of my videos now because of this reoccuring theme or some one may have had the wrong sort of scope mounts or cammo coat or what ever.
Rant over.
Incoming.

I haven't even looked.
Why is this site not called the safe backstop lets pull it to bits site.
Don't know about some of you but this theme gets a little thin after an airing every week.
I personally don't air 75% of my videos now because of this reoccuring theme or some one may have had the wrong sort of scope mounts or cammo coat or what ever.
Rant over.
Incoming.

+1 none of us where there so cannot really comment

Is it me or was the fox (video time 18.59) skylined with no safe backstop ? I know that Roy was 100% fully aware of the circumstances and probably knew that it was a safe shot to take but I would be interested in your comments......

Rocky

I don't know
looking at the full picture as the camera zoomed out, showed a great backstop behind the bush
looked pretty safe to me and a well taken fox

Hows the eyes John.Can you see a backstop Yet;):rofl: Maybe hes heard a Rocking:cuckoo::cuckoo:This ones not in june yet to change his tune.

I'm sure he knows the area well and would he take a dangerous shot into the unkown when he knows it is going to be aired to 1000's of viewers?

Can I help on this observation.

What is seen by the viewer is not that seen by the person taking the shot. As a former TV producer and a film cameraman before that I can assure readers that unless the camera lense is looking down the scope of the rifle then what the viewer of the video is seeing is not what is termed "the point of view" as seen by the rifle taking the shot. On the contrary, how many of us who have accompanied rifles out stalking only to be left a short distance back to observe events whilst the rifle creeps forward to take the shot. I have done so many a time and often wondered why there was hesitation in the shot being taken only to be told by the rifle later that they had to wait untill they could take a safer shot.

Hope this way lays any fears viewer may have of filming shooting scenes in the field

Roy Lupton is no novice,Its easy to see,Hes very knowledgeable whether stalking deer or fox control,Enough said.
Atb John.

good.

we have enough anti's and bad feeling from the public towards hunters in the UK as it is.

+1 here. A self opinionated fool will never see or admit to his or her errors of judgement. The old adage of never arguing with an idiot as he'll drag you down to his level then beat you through experience holds very true in this instance.

good.

we have enough anti's and bad feeling from the public towards hunters in the UK as it is.

what sort of comment is that???? so you don't want to watch and learn from video's that a professional and very experienced stalker has posted for the benefit for novices like YOU and me to watch??? goon.... i'd stick to watching springwatch if i was you... i for one like to watch every video put on here and if turds keep posting negative comments then they wont be put on here:mad:

Regards, Jez.

back stop,back stop,back stop.........safe shot 1 dead fox.this guy does it for a living so he knows whats right or wrong.
toooooo many armchair experts who work in a office 5-6 days a week..... nuff said

a quarry is a pretty good backstop guys :-|

What the hell are the comments about not posting videos on about? If you show videos of quarry being shot that are representative of real shooting they are very valuable to watch. With John's videos there's great educational value there too like with Roy's work. You just need to consider the range of shots, reactions and even how excited some clients get and sometimes miss. That is factual and representative and the more we can get out there the better. Anti's often are anti's because they just don't know any better.

Having said that, the real world is full of arse holes and you cannot educate pork.

If a quarry wall isn't a good enough backstop them we should all surrender our rifles.

Get real people, I'm sure no-one especially Roy would EVER take a risky shot let along on camera!!!!!!!!!

This is tiresome!!!!

Rob
243Sako

Back