Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Seat design

High Seat design

As promised I have designed a high seat, simple construction and stable. I used 15mm weatherboard as I had some left over from a shed extention. I build in 19mm as standard. However the design could utilise 9mm sterling board to vastly reduce costs. Time was not on my side as I put it up single handed. One and a half hours to site it. With two that would half. I run out of time so have to go back to wire it and pin it down. I will write it up later in the week. Biggest job is reducing photos to post. I am busy now till Wednesday but have photos of all stages.
    Attachment 7235Attachment 7237Attachment 7236

That looks the absolute business!

Certainly far posher than the green painted sterling board!!!

looks good enough to live in!! as long as there was room to put a strongbow fridge in
    Regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Floor area is 1200x1200. Home made seat in it at present but hope to get a couple of office seats. Front is 1800 back is 1640 so not cramped. desingne to sit where it is so all wondows cover the kill zones. I still have to use straps to fix top to legs and wire ladder and legs for security. I will also peg the legs down as it is a high wind area. I used 4 inch coach screws B&Q trade so it won't come apart until it is unscewed.

Jim that is fab mate do you think you could do me one for the back of drumchaple mate might need to use differnt material . GOOD JOB. i TOLD THE BOYS YOU WOULD BE AN ASSET TO ANY GROUP OR SYNDICATE AND ILL BET THERE A HAPPY BUNCH NOW.

If its for the back of Drumchapel you better use something that can't be burnt or cut

can you get your hands on a steel scaffold tower? The 4 foot sections. box on top?

that looks the bees knees .Better not get comfy in that would fall a sleep great job

No high seat needed there its a place were you need to be in and out like a cat burgler

is it the bluebell wood near the peel glen rd