Guest friend

6pointer

I had a friend out this weekend from the site he was in Glasgow both evening and morning and i hope he enjoyed him self even if we did not get a buck on the ground. First evening in a high seat john saw a few deer and saw some very big kids. The same for me and the twins i seen were really big i was very surprised at the size. Alos had a wee buck take the **** out of me. but hey thats life. Sat morning we went to and area were you need to be on your game and after a trek over a large peat bog Jayb was placed in a seat over looking the area with the large buck i post videos about. But he did not show this did not mean he was abscent as he could be heard clearly barking a very domint stance. I saw a few does and one good buck but no shot was on.
Nice to have you down John and you will see me up at your soon.
VIDEO

Davie,
Thanks for the weekend mate, don't matter that the bucks were shy getting one would have just been a bonus, the peat bog was a treat, "just like concrete" you said well it was it just had not set! here it is. Those trees you can see to the right are the boundary with the main road which was about 20 feet behind me.

04062011019.jpg

the noisy buck was in the wood directly in front, which you can't see but is on the left of the photo as you look at it.

The evening before was lovely sat up a highseat, sunshine, birds singing, lovers strolling hand in hand down the footpath at the edge of the field. A doe with a follower and this years kid which was huge, like a big puppy lopping about.

03062011018.jpg

lovers lane to the right.

03062011016.jpg

that tree in the centre of the field is a favourite of the resident buck and through the bins you could see where he had been giving it some attention! A doe did walk across the field diagonally to the woods on the other side and she stopped several times just looking into the woods, she had obviously seen something, I was hoping that it was the buck and he would come out to her but no, she went to him, typical.

Good weekend though, lots of people and houses though, very frightening. Get yourself up here with those other two lunatics and have a go at the stags.

Thanks again.

John

Did he take you across the floating bridge. The board floats you have to sink it under a mucky water so you cant see what the ends rest on then walk across a deep ditch???? Not for the faint hearted.:cuckoo:

I forgot these two little videos

This is the pretty little concrete bog!

and the traffic noise in this one comes from the two motorway type roads, one is the M80 I think, one of which is sort of behind and one runs parallel with this field to the right. I mean how secluded do you want it?

John

Last edited:
It looks pretty secluded in the photographs - and the video on 6pointer's thread sounds quiet too. Sounds like you had yourselves a great weekend. Lucky sods.

Dave

Sorry to hear he didn't play ball John but really pleased you made it out there and enjoyed yourself!

Alex

Did he take you across the floating bridge. The board floats you have to sink it under a mucky water so you cant see what the ends rest on then walk across a deep ditch???? Not for the faint hearted.:cuckoo:

No he must have forgotten that little treat, I expect he will remember it when I am down next!

John

DC tHAT AREAS ARE VERY SMALL OASIS IN THE URBAN SPRAWL .Behind john only 20 feet was a small road that has within 200mtrs a chaple a school a scrap yard and a posh houseing scheme. The other area only one field away is the M80 BEHIND HIM AND THE A8O TO HIS RIGHT AND THE NEW MOTORY WAY LINK ROAD TO FIELD TO HIS LEFT There are only 6 fiels in total but they are very nice fields :lol:. The small wooden plank that big jim crossed was a test for his LEV 2 safty section :rofl:.Old john can go there next time.

Back