Troubles with Peroxide purchase

digger9523

How do all,
Has anybody else had dramas getting peroxide recently? I got a little bit peeved the other day in the chemists when i asked for two 200ml bottles of 6% hydrogen peroxide at the princely sum of 34p each and the twit behind the counter said that they can't sell more than one bottle at a time because of the terrorist threat! Showing my army ID card didn't even work! Over a year of my life chasing the buggers round the deserts and I'm not allowed an extra bottle of whitening juice in case i decide i was wrong all along and want to bleach the houses of parliament! Thanks a lot Bin Laden:lol:

Superb, might have to go and sweet talk a barber! How long does the 20% stuff take on a roe skull?

Slightly off thread but I'm having trouble sourcing potassium permanganate to dye antlers foolishly splashed with peroxide. I was quoted £15 by a Boots store who said they could order it in, about 30 tablets in the pack. Thanks but no thanks.
Can anyone suggest a cheaper source?

I've often wondered about doing it "Naturally". I reckon that antlers could be re stained by fraying them on brambles or ivy for example so that the sap from the fraying will get on there and do the job. Perhaps also a smear of deer blood from the next one you shoot to simulate when he was cleaning the velvet off. These are just ideas, i haven't actually done it yet. But these are all the sorts of things that stain the antler in real life, stands to reason it could work. I might have to try it soon to prove it to myself whilst staining a head that wasn't completely cleaned before he was shot.

Slightly off thread but I'm having trouble sourcing potassium permanganate to dye antlers foolishly splashed with peroxide. I was quoted £15 by a Boots store who said they could order it in, about 30 tablets in the pack. Thanks but no thanks.
Can anyone suggest a cheaper source?

Also available on ebay. Often you can get it from pond supply shops too.

csl, you seem to know alot about where to get all this from in bulk :-| have you got something to tell me :lol:

:eek:
csl, you seem to know alot about where to get all this from in bulk :-| have you got something to tell me :lol:

Andy, I'll tell you what I told the pharmacist last time I tried to buy 35% peroxide in boots... I'm planning to go very, very blonde! :D

As for owning eBay... :eek:

Try searching for a local Sally Salon Services, I went to the one in Andover and the lass in there instantly clocked that I wanted it for prepping skulls and not doing anything radical with my folically challenged swede or planning any Jehad :D

They won't sell you the very strong stuff, I think you need to supply company details for that, but I got a bottle of the liquid and some cream without any hassle.

Last edited:
Back