Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chronograph near Harrogate

Chronograph near Harrogate

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious, not even sure if it is practical as I never seem to get time for much at the moment.

I've had a 'go to' home load recipe for almost a year now and I have never run it through a chronograph. This isn't essential to me but since I got a smartphone ballistics chart thing it has got me thinking about what speed my load is flying at.

Is there a kind sould out there who may consider letting me fire a few rounds through their chrono? I'll not be changing me recipe unles hogdon go bust (not likely) so I'd only need about 5 rounds through it.

As I say - it may not be a go but I'm interested to know if it's a possibility.

Thank you.

why not take a trip over to stead hall sure theyll have one there

We have one at stead hall. Open monday, wednesday and friday evenings.

Welcome to Stead Hall Firearms

Dave, it might be more useful firing OVER the chrony!, as more than a few of us have shot one THROUGH!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Stead Hall it is - terrible really but I'd forgotten that place was so near!

Thanks guys. Finbear270... I would have joined the gang!

Dave, i have one also. If you fancy a trip to SH anyways, we could go over as i need to pick up some bits and its as good as anywhere for messing round with a chrono.. Ive also now got a 4x4 so i can brave the road up to it!!

Have you been treating yourself to a new toy! new rifle, new motor... good on ya!

I may be being a bit dense here... where's SH?

Ones just landed on my desk on a next day order from the Countryman of Derby - What great service!

Anyway, I went "halves" with another friend who is also getting into his reloading 50 each for something that will no doubt aid our load development and ability at longer ranges.

Is there anyone you could pair up with? Once we're done - they still seem to make good money on the likes of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by DC .270 View Post
    I may be being a bit dense here... where's SH?

Sorry i was being lazy.. Stead Hall.. Yes got a hilux, got fed up of wiping the sump off the A3 and sticking deer in the boot.. the final straw was when i harpooned the dashboard with a piece of 2x4 and a nail in the end of it (unbeknown to me..).

That makes sense. I use my focus ST as an all terrain mega vehicle at the moment. Does ok really - I've been looking seriously at a Hilux for a few years - they look like they are cracking trucks.

I'll pencil a trip over to SH on Friday or Monday evening. Any good to you?