Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you do it?

how do you do it?

can someone write down the different stages on how to do it?
    which die does what,
    why is there 3 dies in my lee kit when the book says i only need 2 for .243 rifle rounds.
    just a basic bullet point list please, im finding following the book a bit tricky, and the stuff online is pretty advanced, many thanks Rick

1 Shot I take it you are reading from the Lee reloading manual 2nd edition, there is from page 30 onwards a sort of step by step set of instructions I take it these are what you are having trouble with?.

It really is quite logical and straightforward, if you are using once fired brass,

deprime, resize the brass, (full length or neck size, you have one of each I expect in your set of dies, that's how you seem to have too many)

check for length an trim if required,

Clean out the primer pocket,

load with powder,

seat the bullet

fire when ready.

You can of course clean and titivate the brass as you wish.

I suspect that you are making things a little more difficult than you need. I expect you are getting in a tangle over setting up the dies etc. Go hereLee Site and follow the videos. Ask more specific questions, we can be as specific as you like but I would suggest you re read the book. Decide where your problem lies and ask again. Where abouts are you Rick, there maybe someone close by can help you out.

thanks, never thought about the lee site, im in galashiels and sometimes north yorkshire

Well, I'm in Sutherland so I can't help, sorry.

call into the shop at ST BOSWELL they might be able to put you on to some one in the area who loads . They seem quite helpfull when i go in there . The shop in kelso that closed had a knowledgeable man i think he still lives local maybe you could trace him for advice atb muddy

Dont you need permits/training over there before you can start reloading?? in Denmark you need to finish a 1 day hands on practice and legal stuff, before you can get the reloading permit from the police. Just curios

dont put that idea in thier heads!!!

I'm very new to this but am also looking at hand loading a 308 and 243. I found this which gave me a good overview. Hope it helps