Thread: Wednesday evening

Wednesday evening

I decided on a visit to a place that rarely holds a good head ,it being a main dog walking area for a nearby town but this evening i got lucky .The deer are notoriously hard to stalk as they get the runaround from anyone with the right dog if you know what i mean .I clocked a buck and doe at a good range and had plenty of time to plan a stalk as they looked content to browse the grasses in the, as yet uncut field .Crawling through waist high grass with only the occasional glimpse of your quarry is one of the things i enjoy ,the sun was shining ,butterflies flitted and the birds sang .Lowering the long bipod at about 150 yds had the doe a bit twitchy as she picked out the sound despite me being very slow in doing so but a short wait saw her relaxed again .Crawled forward again to a patch of slightly lower grass that would give me room to set up .That done ,i watched for a while through the scope until he was perfectly broadside and dropped him at maybe 140 yds through the chest .He fell backwards ,sometimes a sign that all was not good but inspection showed a neat heart shot and stone dead .

A good buck for the area and well pleased with the shot.

Nice one Tim, I'll be in touch when we are back from hols.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!