Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uk laminated gunstocks

uk laminated gunstocks

had a look at this lads site and they look superb ,i fancy a thumbhole for my old 700 all this custom talk on here made me want to give the old girl a birthday.has anyone had one are they as good as they look for the money very tempted to have a straightline thumbhole with ebony tip and palmswell !

How much were they?
    I could not find a link to the pricing list,
    unless I was looking at the wrong site

emailed him y day on price the staightline th with 1''recoil pad ,sling swivels,ebony tip and palm swell 250+postage 14 wk delivery!any colour from 9 choices

One thing to consider is the cost of finishing these stocks. The Richards Micro-fit stock in my gallery was cheap to buy, but expensive to pillar bed and finish. I have just had it touched up again as I got some stains on it. Overall, the cost of the laminate stock was no different from a Mcmillan, and I think a Mcmillan or similar will require less care and maintenance.

Regards JCS

do they really take alot to do, the laminate presently on my 700 is touching barrel anyhow and has shot 1'' holes for ten yrs now .i am a bit of a caveman as far as gunfit /smithing is concern .trust your judgement jcs can you tell me whats involved ?

Following up on my earlier comment, the fit of the Richards Microfit stock was good, it was finishing off the sanded laminate that took a fair bit of time. I would suggest getting your hands on an unfinished stock so that you can see what you are getting into before parting with any cash. If you pm me an e-Mail address, I can send you some more detailed photos of the finished stock?

Regards JCS

take a look at BOYDS The World's Foremost Supplier of Hardwood Gunstocks.
    I got a varmint thumbhole pepper laminate recently for my rem 700 and am very happy with it.
    99 dolars plus p&p and it bolted staight on.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    emailed him y day on price the staightline th with 1''recoil pad ,sling swivels,ebony tip and palm swell 250+postage 14 wk delivery!any colour from 9 choices
    I hav just ordered one from Boyds , the same Palo has also linked

I ordered mine as a finished stock 2 weeks ago and today is ready to pick up at my local parcel centre
    It so far has cost
    $92 + $51.65 postage = $143.65 / 87 approx for stock and shipping and 23.94 import & clearance costs
    so 110.94
    not sure what the difference is between the one I purchased direct from the States and UK based stocks
    except for about 150+ and a 3 month longer waiting time
    I certainly would not be in any rush to place an order with a UK based company at the mo untill you hav researched a little more on importing a finished one in or as JCS says an un-finished one to finish it yourself

looked at the boyds staggering isnt it god the price .would you kindly let me know what you think when you get it thanks jcs ,palo ,stone