uk laminated gunstocks

norma 308

had a look at this lads site and they look superb ,i fancy a thumbhole for my old 700 all this custom talk on here made me want to give the old girl a birthday.has anyone had one are they as good as they look for the money very tempted to have a straightline thumbhole with ebony tip and palmswell !

How much were they?
I could not find a link to the pricing list,
unless I was looking at the wrong site:doh:

emailed him y day on price the staightline th with 1''recoil pad ,sling swivels,ebony tip and palm swell £250+postage 14 wk delivery!any colour from 9 choices

One thing to consider is the cost of finishing these stocks. The Richards Micro-fit stock in my gallery was cheap to buy, but expensive to pillar bed and finish. I have just had it touched up again as I got some stains on it. Overall, the cost of the laminate stock was no different from a Mcmillan, and I think a Mcmillan or similar will require less care and maintenance.

Regards JCS

do they really take alot to do, the laminate presently on my 700 is touching barrel anyhow and has shot 1'' holes for ten yrs now .i am a bit of a caveman as far as gunfit /smithing is concern .trust your judgement jcs can you tell me whats involved ?

Following up on my earlier comment, the fit of the Richards Microfit stock was good, it was finishing off the sanded laminate that took a fair bit of time. I would suggest getting your hands on an unfinished stock so that you can see what you are getting into before parting with any cash. If you pm me an e-Mail address, I can send you some more detailed photos of the finished stock?

Regards JCS

emailed him y day on price the staightline th with 1''recoil pad ,sling swivels,ebony tip and palm swell £250+postage 14 wk delivery!any colour from 9 choices

I hav just ordered one from Boyds , the same Palo has also linked

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

I ordered mine as a finished stock 2 weeks ago and today is ready to pick up at my local parcel centre
It so far has cost
$92 + $51.65 postage = $143.65 / £87 approx for stock and shipping and £23.94 import & clearance costs
so £110.94
not sure what the difference is between the one I purchased direct from the States and UK based stocks
except for about £ 150+ and a 3 month longer waiting time
I certainly would not be in any rush to place an order with a UK based company at the mo untill you hav researched a little more on importing a finished one in or as JCS says an un-finished one to finish it yourself

looked at the boyds staggering isnt it god the price .would you kindly let me know what you think when you get it thanks jcs ,palo ,stone :D

Norma
Picked up the stock tonite
Took about an hour to fit it whilst I was cooking dinner ( I know a man who can multi-task:D)
For me all I needed was a drill, drill bit and a bit of sand paper ... or a dremel would of done as good ;)
I had very little to do, just needed elongate some of the routered cuts as parts of the action on my rifle where slightly longer than the proto-type they used and I am talking less than 5mm , added with a dash of sealer on the areas I worked on , it was a very simple operation

But overall
I was pleased with the stock finish and once the couple of alterations were made it fitted like a glove, only now with use will I see the true quality of the stock
but first impressions are good at this moment in time and pretty impressed at the service I received considering the cost
ATB

I have ad a couple of stocks from boyds and richards microfit. If you order a finished stock there is little if anything required for final fit.

I wouldn't bother with the UK chap......

I just ordered another stock from boyds. Its another laminate thumbhole for a CZ 452 varmint.
I went for the applejack colour.

Back