You simple could no make this up... Seems the Police have lost my guns

Brithunter

Not even a comedy sketch writer could come up with this one. A local RFD is trying to arrange collection of my guns from the Police for proper storage however it appears that no one at the Police station knows where they are. Seems they have lost them.................................... all of them :-|

Just proves that you cannot believe a word they say. A woman Inspector stood in our kitchen and told me that they were at the local station and she had seen them there.. Well we knew that was a lie as they simply had not got the space for them now the solicitor has arranged for them to be released into proper storage and they cannot be found. not one or two but my whole collection seems t have vanished.

We await the outcome with interest. I have acquired a nice new ledger book and will clear off a memory card for the camera and detail every blemish and speck of dirt or rust when they are finally found :-|.

Don't want to darken your day further Kevin, BUT, If they can leave stuff on trains & the like, you may not get any of it back, hope this will not be the outcome in your case. Steve.

Steve,

I have been wondering about that too. It's quite sad when one cannot have any faith or trust in the police what so ever.

know someone who had his 308 lost by police.They eventually paid out for him to get a new one,Is a worry where old one went though.If it was destroyed,surely they should keep a record of it

and they worry about our guns getting into the wrong hands if they were stolen etc, then they lose guns. Criminal

and they worry about our guns getting into the wrong hands if they were stolen etc, then they lose guns. Criminal

Ahhh just remember how many of the surrendered pistols went missing once handed into the Police :doh: after teh handgun ban. So it's nothing new.

The most worrying thing is that Lincs Police refused to give receipts for anything taken :-|.

Why do they have all your Guns Brithunter and why are they not comming back to you would be more worrying to me.:eek:

Two coppers up here were SELLING guns that were handed in/surrendered.
They went to court and walked away free men. I guess if they had gone down then most of the line up from the firearms dept to the Chief Constable would have landed up in the nick as well.
Disgusting result though.

Brithunter, I think you could make some headlines with that one... That might miraculously jog their memory, unless they really have lost them!

Why do they have all your Guns Brithunter and why are they not comming back to you would be more worrying to me.:eek:

Actually as explained before it is to do with a relatives bail conditions of which I was not informed. When I said I wanted to make a phone call and get an RFD to collect for storage and then check everything was above board I was assaulted by at least 4 Police officers and arrested for obstruction.

It seems one must not question what the Police are doing or why but must roll over and lay down and just hope that they do not hurt, injure you or worse and that the Police can take anything they like with no receipts like spare stocks optics brass cases cast lead bullets books on shooting and gunsmithing. Antiques that require no licence well anything they take a fancy to basically. They do not have to take reasonable care with your property their idea of safe and secure transport is the boot of a Skoda with guns just thrown on top of one another. They are not checked for being loaded until they reach the Police station.

Now I am not surprised to hear this and it's not the first instance of this that has come to light:-

Two coppers up here were SELLING guns that were handed in/surrendered.
They went to court and walked away free men. I guess if they had gone down then most of the line up from the firearms dept to the Chief Constable would have landed up in the nick as well.
Disgusting result though.

A copper at Crawley in Sussex was caught with about a dozen shotguns etc that were handed in to the Police. He was a desk officer and never booked them in just took them home. No licence etc and he was dismissed and lost his pension no jail time though not even a court case. If it had not been for the Boss shotgun he helped himself too that was listed in a gentleman's will it's likely he would not have been found out..................

Oh and yes I can get legal aid to fight the obstruction charge but on the revocation and or refusal to renew certificates...................................... nope you must pay for that your self. Be a rapist, murder, abuser, bomber or terrorist then you can have your choice of legal representation free. But be a shooter who tries very hard to follow the law and you get shafted :mad:.

Whether I win or lose it will cost money as if I win I have to pay my solicitor if I loe I have to pay the Police costs but if the Police lose then almost never have to pay costs...................................... very fair our legal system is it not?

It's also quick I am told it will be the Autumn at least before this reaches court to be resolved.

Brithunter, I think you could make some headlines with that one... That might miraculously jog their memory, unless they really have lost them!

One solicitor says you must not upset the Police or it looks bad for you so you must roll over and hope they leave you something to get on with in later life. My thougths are that if the Police cannot be trusted to obey the law and rules why should we not tackle them about it or do we REALLY LIVE IN A POLICE STATE?

I wish this was true:-

The trusty sword of truth will win over the criminal offence of perjury

but as I read through the Police statements it's obvious that the officers involved are more than willing to commit perjury. It's in their statements in black and white. I can only assume they were at a different location to me at the time. or??????????????????

Get your local mp on the case then the old bill might move there ass ...good luck kev hope they all come home

Back