Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whist in Zimbabwe.

Whist in Zimbabwe.

Here's a few of my many photo's when I spent a bit of time over in Zim earlier in the year. Hope you enjoy, cause I know I certainly did. I wish I was back there now

I had about 7 weeks enjoying a truly beautiful country with some amazing people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG_5001.jpg   KIMG_5543.jpg   KIMG_5229.jpg   KIMG_6350.jpg  

and some more.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG_7090.jpg   KIMG_6466.jpg   KIMG_6439.jpg   KIMG_7528.jpg  

and more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG_7537.jpg   KIMG_7374.jpg   KIMG_7072.jpg   KIMG_7155.jpg  

and just a few more...

The Wild dog as chasing the impala straight towards me and at the last moment the impala turned and flew past my left shoulder. They were running so fast I was unable to photo the impala going past, but managed a corker of the dog in full flight!!

Anyway, long story short, the impala only lasted another 50 yds before she was taken down. A moment that will stay with me forever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KIMG_6256.jpg   KIMG_7790.jpg   KIMG_7793.jpg   KIMG_7655.jpg   KIMG_7824.jpg  

Beautiful photos, amazing colours in them. Africa is a place on my list to visit at some point in the future. How would you feel if you saw some of those cat prints in your release pens...doesnt't bear thinking about????

Those prints were from a very large Hyena that cruised past my tent at some point in the night about 10-15ft away, and yes you read correctly, 10-15 FEET!!

I'm glad he didn't disturb me because I don't quite no what I'd have done, bleary eyed at silly o'clock in the morning!

Myself and the missus went camping for three weeks in various national parks. One of my most nervous moments were building a barricade from the hippo's, thankfully it kept them out for the night.

Great photo's. We went to a Kenya 2 years ago, and Africa is somewhere I want to return to (ideally to shoot some plains game). How were things in Zimbabwe? It seems to have dropped out of the news with everything else that's happening in the world.

Hi Moonraker68,

Am rushed about at the mo, but I'll give a decent response over the weekend.

Cheers, Mukiwa

Truly outstanding photo's, love the waterbuck, the zebra.... bet that nips some and the wild dog photos speak for themselves.