Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing lease to wind farms

Losing lease to wind farms

Recently been told next year one of my leases wont be available to me due to wind farming,having had this ground for the last seven years some 2700 acres all my syndicate members and myself are very sad about losing the ground.

I have always disliked wind farms now even more are there any other stalkers losing ground to wind farms SW scotland.

treat them like big trees and stalk around them?

Part of our ground is being planted with windmills, but when they have grown they are going to give us the ground back so we can carry on stalking

lost 2 in the last 4 years to wind farms, so know how you feel!!

B.A.S.C. Galloway scheme fell foul of the mills too.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

What are they worried about? Windy Miller used to nip between the sails of his windmill with no bother at all.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Not a big fan of wind farms myself, they ruin the landscape and the government keep allowing them to be put up in some of the most beautiful parts of the country. They are going to be the follies of the 21st century. All we need are a few more neuclear power stations and we could get rid of all wind farms. (At least all the land based ones)

They seem to hit areas of forestry blocks because there is rarely any resident groups to fight them being put up. It would be a different story if it was the Downs or Lake District National Park.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question.

[QUOTE=ScottC;228704] All we need are a few more neuclear power stations and we could get rid of all wind farms. QUOTE]

thats what the Japs said?

Wish they would put a ring of wind turbines around the coast 5 miles off shore and ban netting within that zone..... Ok, maybe just the south coast...

ranger master
    you have had some good time's on that shoot ,but it may come back up when the turbine's are up .i was glad i shot my first 3 legged buck on that shoot .