Sako 75 .243 bolt wanted- please help!!

woodystock

Hello all, l lost my rifle bolt about 2 month ago, l have been searching the area ever since, with metal detectors and by sight. l think its prob in a bale now so l am in the ****.

Does anyone have a old donor rifle, or know someone that has got one with the bolt intact? lm willing to pay for it obviously.

Any help will be appreciated. :confused:
Regards Chris

Chris

I did the same thing with a Tikka 595 years ago, I managed to get a new one though the importers for £150, a lot of money considering that a new Tikka then was about £450. But still the rifle was useless with out it. Have you tried contacting GKM to get you a new one? It will be a long wait but it might be the only option.

ATB

Tahr

Sorry to hear about you trouble..

But perhpas it's a good time to point out that a bolt in the rifle is less likely to get lost than one in a holster, bag or pocket. Might not be quite PC but it's a fact.

Well I did say I am sorry to hear about your lose and that's true.

However the PC bit about removing bolts all the time is just asking for them to get mislaid or lost. Sorry but that is just a plain fact.

Of course this begs the question:-

have you reported the loss of a licensable component to the Police?

Didn't this topic come up a couple of months back? I think I suggested sending the rifle back for a bolt but I don't remember the response. A US maker would never ship just a bolt, and insist that the entire rifle be returned so that the headspace could be checked/verified.~Muir

..think it's the same case to be honest. I'd still phone around the country and check with the RFD's in the yellow pages, theres got to be one out there. I'd think the sako 75 bolt would fit pretty well and not need headspace checking - just IMHO

I have just been looking at roedale presiscion and I think they had got a 75 bolt in bargain section.
I must admit did not look any further getting earache to get off here. ( again):rolleyes:
Not sure on cal. Etc
Might be worth a look.

ATB with your search.

Nick

Sorry just flicked back at risk of death or worse, it's a .308 sorry

Last edited:
A 308 would be the same. They headspace the barrel to the bolt face, not the bolt to the rifle. There is a chance it will work OK.~Muir

Thanks lads, this could be just what l need, l have e mailed this roedale and have asked if it will be compatible with my rifle, l suppose the shell size is exactly the same, its just necked down foe thye .243.
Thank you for giving me that link- lm not gonna get my hopes up yet, l'll let you's know what they say!!
Anything to stop me having to pay 4-500 quid and waiting 6 months to get rifle back.

Thanks again:)

yeah l still got no e mail today, tried ringing but the number doesnt seem to work- l could ask on here if the two bolts are the same maybe- someone may have the sako 75 in .243 and .308- they could compare bolts maybe??

Back