Thread: The Roe and The Owl

The Roe and The Owl

Hullo gents,

I was out on some ground for a bit of vermin control a few weeks ago (which I unfortunately donít have deer permission on) and stalked into a pair of Roe grazing in a field.

I decided to see how close I could stalk into them through a wood and managed to get within 25 -30 yds yards of them.

I stood for ages just watching and observing them go about their business when I got a right hellish cold shiver and what seemed like something brushing over my neck

Upon looking round to see what happened I found the source of my terror was a Tawny Owl that flew round me and landed on a fence post directly to my right.

What a bloody fright I got, absolutely silent but have to admit it was cracking to see.

Hope Iíve uploaded the quick video correctly & please excuse the quality (off my mobile) but thought Iíd share it anyway.

I'm having a bit of trouble with photobucket on the work computer/server so if it doesn't play please let me know

Great little video, well done mate, how many people would have had that pleasure, Deer and an Owl together..

Cheers Danger Mouse, glad the video worked.
    It was another one of those magical moments when your out creeping about

Wow ! that would have been great......well done on getting it on film

Great name for a pub too, "The Deer and the Owl"