Thread: Which one to lose?

Which one to lose?

I'm in a bit of a dilemna. I always use my 6.5x55 Mauser to stalk. It's not a pretty rifle but it works well for me. I also have a Sauer 202 and a Merkel KR1. The Sauer is in 7x64 and has a beautiful piece of wood on it. The KR1 is a 7x57 and again is a beautiful rifle. To finance a double rifle I've had my eye on for some time, I want to sell either the Merkel or the Sauer. Problem: I can't make up my mind which one. I realise this is a bit of a prattish question, but which one shall I dump? Putting this one out to vote

Sell the Sauer!!

The Sauer in 7 x 64 is more saleable than a Merkel in any calibre. You need to have an ability to take a hit on the Merkel to shift it....

The Merkel has the more popular calibre; the Sauer is held in higher esteem. I must say I do like the straight pull on the Merkel. You are probably right.

In the UK Merkel have a small following. As you said, YOU like the straight pull.....

6.5 x 55 plus your Merkel in a heavy bullet 7 x 57 and you have UK covered.

Your current "lust" for a double rifle will take you to an altogether larger calibre

Don't do it - double rifles are addictive.

Do you really want a double?

- what are you intending to use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by karamoja View Post
    - what are you intending to use it for?
    I know what I am not going to be using it for: the big five. It might see a bear, some pigs and such in it's lifetime.