Has anybody ever witnessed?????

nell

A good friend was out stalking last weekend when he spotted a deer in thick cover, being unable to sex it from his position he crept in to get a closer look,it soon became apparent that it was a doe,she was lying down, standing, turning and licking at her rear,she was in the process of giving birth, the kid was hanging and almost out when mate backed of to let the deer get on with it...

We have a circle of stalking friends with a couple of hundred years experience,none of whom have been lucky enough to have witnessed a roe giving birth.....

Has anybody else???????

Neil;I have seen it a few times and it is always special alot of my roe are open area roe and will give birth away form cover. but at this time my roe kids are well up alot were born in late april early may and are well at foot now.

Neil;I have seen it a few times and it is always special alot of my roe are open area roe and will give birth away form cover. but at this time my roe kids are well up alot were born in late april early may and are well at foot now.

Very special mate, and very rare going by the amount of replies:lol:

This was spotted in a higher out forrest block, but on the lower ground we have been seeing kids of all sizes, like yours some would be April born and some brand new.....

Back