Tikka 695 bottom metal

karamoja

Hi all, I have a Tikka 695 action that I am about to rebarrel as a heavy hunter/target rifle. I want to replace the plastic floor plate with metal? I know they are available for the T3. Any Ideas? Is the 695 action length the same as the T3, I doubt it I know but hey?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated - K

Even tho the m695 and t3 are both long actions the floor plates are different.
And the metal aftermarket t3 ones wont fit the m690 or 695.

Shame really as i think there is a market out there for this. Mainly because the plasitc ones crack.
If you over screw the action bolts. And getting hold of a standard replacement can be very hard

Hi all, I have a Tikka 695 action that I am about to rebarrel as a heavy hunter/target rifle. I want to replace the plastic floor plate with metal? I know they are available for the T3. Any Ideas? Is the 695 action length the same as the T3, I doubt it I know but hey?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated - K

IF you come up with a source of BM for the 695.... I'll be in the queue .... and for the 595 come to that! Keep us posted?

ATB

Peter

i am sure some good work shop could knock some out if you gave them the plastic one as a template.

i am sure that 3rd eye tactical would do some if he got enough interest

HI - Thanks I will investigate 3rd eye, where are they based? Also the aluminium bolt shroud from Hss in Oz will fit the 695 as will their bolt handles!
Regards k

Hi DL - Thanks for that I have contacted Alutec but they were non commital, I shall pester them!! You use a 7/08 also, a fantastic round. What load do you use?

I use exactly the same powder, load and bullet - very accurate!!! I am not keen to change this load it seems fine up to fallow. no problems yet anyway. When you say Hornady are yo wanting to the same weight, lower or higher. I have a load for 120 grn Hornady that was again very accurate,

Cheers - RK

I read somewhere that UK Gunworks were producing a metal floor plate for the T3. I have just sent them an email enquiry about a replacement metal unit for the M595/695. I will let you know when I receive a reply, but it might be worth contacting them direct if you are potentially interested; I suspect it will only be viable if there is a reasonable demand. The address is chris@ukgunworks.co.uk

Back