Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol for dispatch

pistol for dispatch

Hi all what i would like to know is which police forces will allow semi-auto pistols for dispatch in the uk as i know wiltshire and northumbria do.

Last edited by chrisc; 17-06-2011 at 20:22.

hi chris i dont think there is any in the country but may be wrong
    atb tom

I wouldn't think a semi-auto is a good idea, better with a revolver surely?.

Last edited by private fraser; 17-06-2011 at 22:12.

Are you saying Wiltshire and Northumbria allow section 5's....doubt it somehow

I know of someone in N. Wales with a .38 revolver restricted to single shot!

If you can prove good reason then you stand a good chance. I know someone who farms deer in the southwest who has a 9mm glock for humane dispatch, unrestricted.

Private Fraser, why would a revolver be better than a semi auto? I don't understand why there is a difference.
    Last edited by matt_hooks; 17-06-2011 at 22:01.

The problem with semi-auto's is you can't really restrict them to 2 shot like you can with a revolver. The magazine can be restricted but you could just buy another mag. I know of one that was issued by GMP but when they realised that the aluminium block used to restrict it could be removed easily they tried to recall it. The owner refused to hand it in and there is an ongoing courtcase to get it revoked.
    I was always led to believe that restrictions to pistols needed to be irreversible but I was told recently that there is a sec5 rfd who restricts revolvers by supergluing empty cases in 4 of the cylinders.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Revolvers don't jam, don't need as much maintenance,probably cost more,are a lot safer if only used double action and can be restricted shot wise.
    Spot the ex "wheelgunner"

Last edited by private fraser; 19-06-2011 at 17:28.

Ah ok Si, I thought fraser meant better in some functional way. The person I know has the Glock in 9mm, and with no requirement to reduce the capacity.