Nickel AG

BIGPETE

I feel compelled to post just to say thank you to Nickel AG and to advise anyone who owns one of their scopes or anyone thinking of buying one of their scopes that the warranty and service are absolutely second to none.
When I bought the scope 3-12 x 56 from another forum member I noticed that there was a very small particle/blemish that was visible on the lower mag settings of 3-4.5x but due to the reticle being in the 1st plane (magnifying) the blemish was not visible at all in the rest of the mag range. Out of sight out of mind ! Scope held zero perfectly and the E.A.W mounts means the scope has been removed and replaced loads of times and never needed adjusting.
No idea why but after more than a year of using the scope on my .308 I decided to drop Nickel AG a line to enquire about the warranty and if it was worth while getting the scope checked out. From the outset they were brilliant to deal with, no warranty card, no problem if it is less than 30years old! Further more if it is less than 5 years old then labour and parts and shipping is completely free. I had no idea how old the scope was but they would inspect it, send me a report and estimate for work and return shipping.
The scope was sent and the tracking number told me they had it but after a few days I had heard nothing. I thought “here we go” I will be getting a sizeable estimate/bill topped with a £70 shipping fee to get my scope back, I should have let sleeping dogs lie, the scope worked perfectly well you kn*b head, that’ll teach you.
I left it a couple of days but could wait no more, I contacted Nickel AG from my place of work and with fist and teeth clenched tight and one eye tight shut to try and lessen the impact of the incoming bill I was absolutely astounded to be told “ah yes Mr H……, your scope has been inspected, there was indeed a small particle on the reticle, it has be cleaned, serviced, reassembled and checked. It is once again in perfect working order and has been despatched back to you, here is the tracking number.”
I still had to ask, but in a tone in which I sensed that I had insulted them was told that the work and shipping is free of charge.
Now I have read various posts from some of you guys with Swaro’s Zeiss and S&B singing the praises of the respective services received but I never expected to be in the same boat. I consider the quality of my scope as easily a match for any top end scope but to get such a pleasant surprise really restored my faith in humanity. Thank you Nickel AG.

In complete contrast, the keycard for my Renault packed up today, went to the dealer and was fleeced for £185.00 for a card and reprogramming, two weeks delivery time and money up front please. “We will call you when it is here”. Overpriced Sir?, service too slow Sir? Yes it is a common fault Sir! No we can’t do anything about the price and we are sorry if you feel it is extortionate, do you want it or not? B******S!!

ATB
Pete

Now that id nice to hear on the scope.. In fact I have a two draw telescope a Supra by Nickel that could do with a service as the coating is getting spotty on the objective lens. Will have to see about getting it done this summer.

Now that id nice to hear on the scope.. In fact I have a two draw telescope a Supra by Nickel that could do with a service as the coating is getting spotty on the objective lens. Will have to see about getting it done this summer.
Here you go Brithunter,
Nickel AG
Bahnhofstraße 35
D-34311 Naumburg, Hessen
Germany

Phone +49 5625 999229
Fax +49 5625 999266
info@nickel-ag.com
www.nickel-ag.co

PS first shot my rifle down your neck of the woods, Reepham moor range!

Regards

Pete

Here you go Brithunter,
Nickel AG
Bahnhofstraße 35
D-34311 Naumburg, Hessen
Germany

Phone +49 5625 999229
Fax +49 5625 999266
info@nickel-ag.com
www.nickel-ag.co

PS first shot my rifle down your neck of the woods, Reepham moor range!

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Due to the hassles and the fuel prices plus the membership taking a big hike in price this year I have not re-newed at Reepham. Went and saw Trev the club sec and Carl one of the owners to explain why and both were not surprised as they knew about the hassles. The the range and back it's an 75 mile round trip and hopefully the new 100m outdoor range will be open later this year which is only 10 miles away so am taking out membership there once more. I used to be a member back in the good old pistol days and have already made enquiries about membership again.

Had a quick look through a Nickel scope the other night and must say I was impressed, despite my currently rather dodgy eyesight. It wasn't exactly at last light so can't really comment on that side of performance but it was getting pretty late and the shadows were pretty dark. I'd say it may well be slightly better, and certainly no worse, than my 8X56 S&B. Certainly if I was looking for a new scope Nickel would be on the list if I could afford it.

I have got two, a 6*46 and an 8*56, I can not rate them highly enough. I have also got a schmidt 8*56, hungarian admittedly but I would take the Nickel's every time.
Like a right plonker I managed to knock my rifle over, it was leaning against the wall, (I know it should have been in a corner but) sods law dictated it fell right on to the scope. So any way off down the field to check it, fearing the worst. I should not have worried too much, unbelievably to me any way, it was only an inch to the right off.
I am just amazed you never hear more about these scopes.

Any way, I would recommend them to anybody.

ATB

Nick.

Back