Duracoat

moray loon

Does anyone 1) have a contact number for the guy ( James ? ) in Colchester who does the Duracoat process and 2) have any experience of this finish in black gloss. ML

James does Duracote and cerakote. Got one of my bang sticks done, hard wearing very weather resistant!

Thanks deer man. I have a couple of rifles that I might get refinished, purely for aesthetic purposes,and duracoat looks good ! What is cerakote ? ml

We use Duracoat quite a lot for rifle stocks which is quite good done correctly but for barrels and actions
ceracoat is a bit harder wearing. I have one rifle with a ceracoat action which is holding up well after
about six years of hard use. There is a air dry version of ceracoat, the other needs
about 120 C to cure. For metal I think the oven dry version leads to the better result.
As far as I know James does duracoat and ceracoat.
edi

thanks ejg, I will contact him, perhaps he has a gallery of his work, his website still seems to be under construction. I take it that you are in the f/arms industry? atb ml

Thar from here has good contact to James, PM him if you have difficulty getting ahold of James.

We manufacture composite stocks and do the odd bedding job, no gun work as such.
I'm working on our own paints based on epoxy resins since a while and we are also testing
industrial paints from the US mainly trying to increase durability compared to Duracoat.
edi

Back