My Truck stinks

Rangefinder

Fella's

Mrs RF gives it large about the going anywhere in the truck I use for deer stalking. She says it STINKS!!!!

I always put the carcasses in a plasterers bath but I guess on the "swing" in droplets of blood miss the bath. I can only assume its the blood as nothing else really comes into contact with anything.

Can you help shes doin my head in moanin.

Is it the blood that stinks?

Whats the best way to remove the smell? I have gone thro tins of Oust to no avail

Help out a fellow man guys and bring an end to my grief.

maybe the blood ...or do you need a shower? sorry hee hee was uncalled for

if you dont have the money for a valet then hoover out well and either and or both together even

1) borrow a vax and shampoo the inside and hoover
2) after the above buy a bottle of febreeze and cover the fabric till it soaking then leave to dry....better than oust im guessing as its a liquid and will soak in better.

just make sure its a smell your going to be ok with!!!

the vax shampoo hoovers are pretty good tho

sauer

Old blood smells like a decomposing body!!!

A friend of mine had to get is 4x4 re-carpeted as the blood had been spilling out of the tray in the boot, seeping through the carpet, and pooling under the rear seats!!! This had built up over a few years.

I had the same conditions with another truck we had , finished up taking out all the carpet from the vehicle , steam cleaned the carpets and threw away the underlay, bought some bio cleaner and washed the inside flooring , to be honest you dont completely ever get rid of it , windows closed hot day and I could still get the faint niff.
Years ago with fridge trailers if they had carried apples then were to load meat they would burn news papers in the van to take away the smell , so fumigation again ,

If you give it a good clean with a hoover and shampoo the carpets and seats it may just do the trick,but some odours are near

on impossible to shift if left any length of time.

After cleaning you might try some Ordinary charcoal it is a fantastic odour absorber, and placing charcoal briquettes in a car is a

great way to get rid of the smell of offending odours. Place a large bowl of charcoal briquettes on the car seat, and allow the car

to remain closed for at least 48 hours. The charcoal should absorb the scent of odours, and the vehicle should smell fresh and clean

If all else fails it's time trade in the WIFE for a younger model!!!:D

Atb, Buck.

My Girlfriend used to complain all the time about the stink in my truck. We have now been married for 25 years so she must have got used to it :D
There was the occasion when the smell even got to me ,and after guddling about under the drivers seat I came up with a putrifying kidney.Definately a breath through the mouth moment, I won`t repeat what she said to that:D
Recently I put lemon kitchen cleaer on some fox pee in the back of my truck,all I succeeded in was to make a bad stink worse.Be careful what you use!!!

My Girlfriend used to complain all the time about the stink in my truck. We have now been married for 25 years so she must have got used to it :D
There was the occasion when the smell even got to me ,and after guddling about under the drivers seat I came up with a putrifying kidney.Definately a breath through the mouth moment, I won`t repeat what she said to that:D
Recently I put lemon kitchen cleaer on some fox pee in the back of my truck,all I succeeded in was to make a bad stink worse.Be careful what you use!!!

You could Always do as Hummel recently done and take your Truck for a DIP!!! :doh:

Sorry Hummel could not resist Temptation !!! :D

Atb Buck.

You can get this aerosol aircon deoderising stuff from Halfords which works quite well too... it's a spray can that locks in the on position. You set it off, stand it in the foot well near the air intake, crank the aircon on recirc and shut the doors and it deoderises all the ductwork and the interior of the car quite effectively.

It worked on my Pajero which hummed of wet dog when I got it....

Alex

You can get this aerosol aircon deoderising stuff from Halfords which works quite well too... it's a spray can that locks in the on position. You set it off, stand it in the foot well near the air intake, crank the aircon on recirc and shut the doors and it deoderises all the ductwork and the interior of the car quite effectively.

It worked on my Pajero which hummed of wet dog when I got it....

Alex
A friend my mine has used these and swears by them

teaspoon of baking powder (sodium bicarbonate) dissolved in warm water then sprayed on all hard surfaces,left to dry then buffed off, not sure about carpets but try it in an inconspicuous corner to see if it marks

If you have got a reasonable amount of blood soaked into the carpets and soundproofing, there's a good chance you'll never get rid of the smell - I managed to get goose blood all over the boot of a previous truck and the pungent honk lasted for years, getting particularly fruity in damp weather when the heating was on :oops:

The best solution for a ruffty-tuffty working vehicle is to rip out all of the rear carpets and wadding and give the whole back of the truck a coat of ProtectaKote or similar - the rubberised stuff that gets sprayed onto pick-up beds etc. Then if any blood gets spilled in the future, you can deal with with water and a mop.

Or you can copy Gadget and live with the stench - after the first eye-watering hundred or so miles, your brain adjusts to the stink of long dead deer and rabbits, dog fart, discarded KFC and unwashed stalker's socks after a week in an Irish bog. Unfortunately you have to go through this process every time you get a dose of fresh air...

Think you have a problem. One of my drivers was carrying a skip load of fish waste from the fish farm. This included the long dead salmon to 20lb (5 ton of waste.) he had sealed the rear flap but had not checked the front. Well he was tailgating this tourist who suddenly breaked. He hit the anchors the front hatch burst open the brew shot up over the cab and straight in the sunroof. A 20 lb rotten salmon landed in his lap. 6 months later we were still spraying the cab but the stink was there untill the vehicle was sold. The driver, his wile make him strip to the buff in the back garden in full public view before she would allow him in to shower.

Fella's

Mrs RF gives it large about the going anywhere in the truck I use for deer stalking. She says it STINKS!!!!

I always put the carcasses in a plasterers bath but I guess on the "swing" in droplets of blood miss the bath. I can only assume its the blood as nothing else really comes into contact with anything.

Can you help shes doin my head in moanin.

Is it the blood that stinks?

Whats the best way to remove the smell? I have gone thro tins of Oust to no avail

Help out a fellow man guys and bring an end to my grief.

See the silver lining - you might just get the truck all for yourself:lol:

Besides the blood, putrifying kidneys and rotten fish there is also something else which can make your truck stink....water. A leak underneath can let in stagnant water which will collect under the carpet and give off a nice stink all of its own. Is it an old truck? Check under the carpets for wet bits and then under the truck for holes.

I was told, and the story might have no truth in it at all so this is at your own risk, that if you spray embalming fluid round all the surfaces it will smell like a new car. This advice is worth less than the price paid.

David.

I was told, and the story might have no truth in it at all so this is at your own risk, that if you spray embalming fluid round all the surfaces it will smell like a new car. This advice is worth less than the price paid.

David.

Makes sense, embalming fluid has formaldehyde, ethyl alcohol, and methyl alcohol which are also used in the glues and cleaning solvents for car trim and upholstery

Back