Thread: Bushnell range scope

Bushnell range scope

I am looking at changing my scopes on my rifles and have been looking at the bushnell yardage pro has any one had the chance to have a go with one, and what do you think. Are they robust enough.

Hi Carl,

There was an article in (I think) Sporting Gun about rangefinding scopes earlier this year. They compared the Bushnell Yardage Pro, a Leupold jobbie and the Zeiss Diarange. They all reportedly did the job.

I thought about going down a similar route but the idea of pointing a (loaded?) rifle at something (somebody?) while you 'range' it, is counter to all the currently taught safe weapon handling rules.

I got a pair of range finder binos instead. That way I identify the target, zap it if necessary for the range and then point the rifle if appropriate. TBH I don't 'need' the things, simply a case of indulging myself with some big boys toys. Unless you are doing some real long range shooting on the open hill a range finder isn't really essential.

Have a word with Sussex Lad, his brother has one on the top of his remie 700 22.250.

His brother can also be found on the shooting community forum with the name A-Bolt.

I have looked through it and it is a nice bit of kit, seen him drop rabbits at over 300yards with it, not good for mounting a lamp though.