Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The old favorite

The old favorite

Having used a .22lr for many years, do you think the .17hmr

will now take the leading role. ?
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I love mine

Nah, got rid of my HMR, but still got the 22, much quieter, majority of bunnies are for eating.

I own both and though i love the 17HMR'S long range abilities and stopping power it's too noisy and does too much meat damage unless you take head shots , Sako .22 and subs every time for me.

17hmr makes me smile everytime I use it.... but I do sometimes wish it was quieter
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I have both and if I had to get rid of one it would be the .17 I love my .22. As Si said the .22 is a lot quieter

alot more skill and fun with a 22rf

I have both too, and I am posting this sat in my truck with 22 next to me nailing a few more rabbits!! It was first out the cabinet and probably always will be for me.

+ 1 for the 22 Rifle cost me 25 (BSA Supersport5) with a moderator 30 years ago. It still shoots as good a group as I need to 100yards (less than 1" groups) ammo is cheaper by far & bunnies don't often hear the subsonic bullets coming. It teaches you to estimate range properly which is a good thing too.

To summarise how every other thread has turned out: No, both calibres have their place.

Personally I love my HMR, cracking calibre and noise has never been a prohibitive issue.