Wiltshire Firearms Department

Hi,

Had a 1-for-1 variation on my ticket done by Wiltshire, not quite as quick as Eddy but done in an hour and back in my hand.
Fantastic service from Wilts.

ATB
Les

Good for Wiltshire , an example that more forces should be trying to match , mines been in for 3 weeks and counting .

Hi All
Just had another 1for1 variation done while i was there i asked about having any legal quarry put on and they said "we have been doing that for a while now, no problems".So any legal quarry and variation done in about 13minutes 11 seconds well done Wilts firearms.

Hats of to the wiltshire force again, just had a 1 for 1 done, an another rifle put on me ticket in about 15mins,

great service.

Andrew

now you have to find that 220 swift................................

bob.

nice to see you today, a cracking bloke and a pleasure to meet you

bob.

Hats of to the wiltshire force again, just had a 1 for 1 done, an another rifle put on me ticket in about 15mins,

great service.
Mind boggling service. Please send someone from Wiltshire Police over to Hampshire Constabulary, unless you complain to your M.P. & the Home Office you wait for months just to add a sound moderator.:evil:

I know this is an old thread, but better to bring it out and dust off the cobwebs than start another, popped in to the office Friday pm, did a 1 for 1 on the .308 I just sold, changed a spare .22lr moderator slot to a .260 rifle, upped my ammo holdings and a few other 'tweaks', and walked out ten mins later, with an apology for it taking so long due to answering the phone.
Again, fab service from the Wilts team.

Regards
​Pete

Echo the Tramp - superb service. Had a one for one a few weeks ago done in less than 10 mins done and dusted.

Yep, Wilts did my first firearms cert for me in not much longer than a couple of weeks, I was well impressed and sent them a letter saying so.

Wiltshire seem intent on breaking their own records had a 7x57 added to my certificate in 9 minutes. Excellent service, as always.

Last edited:
I'm now sending my ticket back for the third time since my variation because they can't get the conditions right that I asked for, met police operate a closed door policy, a pass you on to someone else policy and last but not least we don't care policy you can shout but no ones listening:(

Absolutely cannot say enough to congratulate Wiltshire Firearms Dept. I have recently been placed in Wiltshire through work. Applied for my first ever SGC and FAC coterminous. Applied for .243 with mod and expanding ammunition.

Saw the FEO within a week of the references getting there, got my ticket today about 2 weeks since my FEO interview.

Brilliant, common sense approach.

Bravo Wiltshire Firearms Licensing Dept!

Well things have changed, I rang up today to see when it would be convenient to call in for a notification of disposal and application to acquire a replacement.
He made a note of my disposal to my local RFD and then explained to me how to down load a form from the internet to apply for the variation, put it in the post and they would deal with it as soon as they can !!
I asked if I could call in to do the variation and was told I could call in to get the forms required from the front desk, fill them in and hand them in and they would deal with them as usual.
I must admit it wasn't the same person that I have been dealing with for the last thirty odd years :(

Well things have changed, I rang up today to see when it would be convenient to call in for a notification of disposal and application to acquire a replacement.
He made a note of my disposal to my local RFD and then explained to me how to down load a form from the internet to apply for the variation, put it in the post and they would deal with it as soon as they can !!
I asked if I could call in to do the variation and was told I could call in to get the forms required from the front desk, fill them in and hand them in and they would deal with them as usual.
I must admit it wasn't the same person that I have been dealing with for the last thirty odd years :(

Progress these days, isn't often progressive...:(

Back