Wiltshire Firearms Department

EMcC

I started to fill out the relevent forms for a Variation and realised all/most of the information was held by the FC Dept already.
So I decided to 'try my luck' and rang the FC Dept and asked if I could have some help filling the form in to make sure I did it correctly as I didn't want it to take too long in being processed.
I was asked when I could call in :D half an hour says I :) Ok says the nice lady on the end of the 'phone.
I was there like a shot, produced my forms filled out as I thought they should be, nice lady confirmed all in order :D made a suggestion ref my present FC, which saved me £26 :D popped out the back and within five minutes I was clutching my brand new, duly altered FC and on my way.
If anybody can fault Wiltshire Firearms Department, all I can say is that it must be the 'complainers' fault, not theirs.

Drive-thru variations... now there's an idea :idea:

Pull up at the speaker, give them your order then drive to the first window, pay your money... and collect your ticket at the second window :D
You may need to park in bay 1 if you ask for something unusual, and the nice lady will bring it out to you.

It's that Eddy charm. If I tried it they'd tell me to eff off! :lol:

p.s. picking up your ammo boxes on sunday

Alex

Actually, joking aside I can imagine applications and variations going down the DVLA route.... where you take a ticket and wait for your number to come up on the screen, then go into a booth for an interview.

While I was there I also picked up some other info that will please all FC holders in Wiltshire and if it goes national, you can thank Wiltshire staff because that was where it was first muted :)
It may take a while but it is 'being discussed' at the moment with a view to making things easier on the Dept front and will make it a darn sight easier for us FC holders :)

Ok here goes, maybe a bit premature but lets hope it comes good.
They are thinking of going back to the old system of variations where they used to add 'On disposal of .243/.308 etc etc.may acquire .243/.308 etc etc,'
That would enable you to do a part exchange there and then without the present system of disposing of one first then getting a variation to get another.

PS, Thanks Alex.

Can we say about f*cking time.............................. again? Common sense might yet again prevail over worthless bureaucracy - hopefully!

While I was there I also picked up some other info that will please all FC holders in Wiltshire and if it goes national, you can thank Wiltshire staff because that was where it was first muted :)
It may take a while but it is 'being discussed' at the moment with a view to making things easier on the Dept front and will make it a darn sight easier for us FC holders :)

Ok here goes, maybe a bit premature but lets hope it comes good.
They are thinking of going back to the old system of variations where they used to add 'On disposal of .243/.308 etc etc.may acquire .243/.308 etc etc,'
That would enable you to do a part exchange there and then without the present system of disposing of one first then getting a variation to get another.

PS, Thanks Alex.

Whats new about that idea thats the way it is still done up this way :)

Oh Dear, perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut then.
I bet you don't get renewals done in less than three weeks and variations done in less than ten minutes :p
Hi Eddy
I might write a letter of complaint they took twenty minutes to do my last variation, perhaps it was because it also had a pistol for humane despach on aswell
Geordie

Idiot

Oh Dear,
I was so happy yesterday for several reasons, one of them was the way I was dealt with at Wilts Firearms Dept, now it seems all I have done is cause a row :eek:
I think I'll keep my mouth shut and just sit here with a grin on my face :D then I suppose people will think I'm the village idiot :rolleyes:

PS but I'll know different :)

Hi Eddy
I might write a letter of complaint they took twenty minutes to do my last variation, perhaps it was because it also had a pistol for humane despach on aswell
Geordie

I hope you didn't spell "humane" incorrectly....

Hi Eddie, I am not surprised about Wilts firearm dept. When i lived in Wilts nothing was to much problem in fact i think all the other police firearms depts. should use Wilts as an example of how to operate efficiantly. Wilts do seem to realise that it is a service they supply were as some counties think they are handing out privaliges.
Tusker

Wilts do seem to realise that it is a service they supply were as some counties think they are handing out privaliges.
Tusker

Very true, the ownership of sporting arms is a right not a privalege.... or at least it should be.

Back