Border cut rifled barrel in 7mm-08

DCG

Hi All,
I have recently been talking to Lee at border barrels about rebarreling my rifle with a cut rifled barrel in 7mm-08. I had intended to look to use 139gn hornaday sst or soft point as my bullet of choice, have any of you guys out there got a cut border barrel in 7mm-08, and if so have you any experience with 139gn bullets, any response would be appreciated
David

i use the 139gr sst and gmx in the hornady superperformance range and there really accurate in both my 708,s,so accurate theres no point reloading anymore,:D

Save your money and buy an archer barrel.

I have an archer in 6mmbr that shoots in the .1's its just not worth the extra cost.

I also shoot a 7-08 but with a lothar walther barrel. Great round, I use 140gr Nosler BT's totally devastating.

Bit late I know but I have been shooting a border 7mm-08 barrel for the last 6 months with SST's in 139grain and it is awesomely accurate
Steve

7mm-08

Bit late I know but I have been shooting a border 7mm-08 barrel for the last 6 months with SST's in 139grain and it is awesomely accurate
Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks for the reply, the day my variation came back there was a standard 7-08 tikka 595 advertised on this site, which I managed to acquire. That was all well over a year ago now, to say that I am both happy with the rifle and the caliber is an understatement. So unfortunately for Lee at border barrels, he'll have to wait untill I've worn this one out.
DCG

Back