Lochcarron 7 point Roe buck

Bill Bartlett

Hi, guys - picture of a nice little 7 point Roe buck that I shot last Saturday at Lochcarron. Not a medal by any means, but I love the non typicals and will mount this one for myself. Bill.

Hi, guys - picture of a nice little 7 point Roe buck that I shot last Saturday at Lochcarron. Not a medal by any means, but I love the non typicals and will mount this one for myself. Bill.

Well done mate, a handsome buck there! Certainly ticks the "non typical" box!

That's a rather nice looking head Bill and I look forward to seeing it when mounted. I have shot the odd buck with more than six times here on my patch in Aberdeenshire with one making a medal which can be seen in my gallery. Are you going to Scone over the weekend?

Paul

Nice trophy Bill.Are you down at Scone the now?Have just got to Perth so will see you at the fair tomorrow if you are still here.

Hi, Paul/Dave - good to hear from you both. Will be there tomorow, sadly working today! Hope to see you guys tomorow. Bill.

Nice Head - nicer rifle - who the maker ?

Hi, Falcodave - yep it is a nice rifle. It is a very rare Ruger Express in .270 with deluxe wood and the quarter rib and barrel banding. Very few were ever made in this calible. Another pic attached to show full length with a west coast Sika. Cheers, Bill.

A forester found a skeleton with this head upon it at my shoot.
I had never seen it in the flesh.
It weighs about 500grammes and is 10 inches long so it would have made a medal.
It must have been a fair age as the pedicles are very thick, also an extra tine protudes from the left coronet.
HWH.
deformedantlers013.jpg

P1020710.jpgA seven pointer i called and shot in the rut last year, similar but not as pronounced, anybody any thoughts on whether any of these would have produced a similar head the following year or go back to a regular sixpointer, if we hadn't intervened. Mine was quite an old buck.

I know it's a hard one and hypothetical, but suggestions would be interesting.

Moose

PS Bill, lovely rifle and beautiful pic of rifle and sika

Last edited:
Beautiful buck you got there Moose - lovely cape too, would have looked gorgeous mounted. Not sure about my one, but it looks to have suffered damage in velvet, so would most likely have been normal next season. Bill.

Back