Bolt Holder

nicholiath

I have been looking at this bolt holder made by RADAR but cannot find any dimensions for it to see if my parker hale 30.06 bolt will fit.
My bolt has an overall length of 20 cm (8") and from underside of bolt handle to face of bolt is, 14 cm (5 1/2")
Will this suit my bolt?

tnpic271.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have a bolt holder made by parker hale, specifically for your bolt and it can't get lost from the rifle!!

Id safe you money mate , taking bolts and mags out of guns is a bad habbit , one day you will forget one or the other , just be sure to unload your weapons

Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have a bolt holder made by parker hale, specifically for your bolt and it can't get lost from the rifle!!

Id safe you money mate , taking bolts and mags out of guns is a bad habbit , one day you will forget one or the other , just be sure to unload your weapons

So neither of you ever travel with a gun in the car then, which you may have to leave unattended at some time ??

As for the bolt holder fitting, as 5 1/2 inches from face to lever is CZ about rimfire size I would say if you run any risk at all, it is of it being too long, which is not a bad thing.
I have made my bolt holsters to fit exactly, which is why I now have 3 of them instead of just one that would fit any off them. Lol

Neil. :)

Last edited:
So neither of you ever travel with a gun in the car then, which you may have to leave unattended at some time ??
xyxthumbs.gif

Never leave a bolt with a rifle in a car unattended...
Locking the bolt in the glove box is a sensible precaution but would be of no consequence if your car were to be stolen with your rifles inside...

Last edited:
I do my upmost to ensure I won't leave the car with guns in if for an unforeseen stop the occasional time I just pop it in my pocket.

Also try to have some sense of humour!

I always ensure that when on the move in my truck that my bolt is removed and in its holder in my pocket. The magazine is never on the rifle until I am about to start my stalk and is removed and kept, once again in my pocket. If you need to leave the rifle in the car for a short period at least you have the bolt and mag in your pocket. Napier make a reasonable holder that will fit your bolt and it is cheap.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but you already have a bolt holder made by parker hale, specifically for your bolt and it can't get lost from the rifle!

Absolutely! And I never leave a firearm, unattended, in a vehicle. Period! You think that taking the bolt out makes it "safe"? Then you are sadly mistaken. Obtaining a spare bolt for a Parker Hale with a Mauser action is easy.

If I need to take my rifle out of my car I take it inside a gunslip that fits inside a purpose made slip I had made by Steve Parton of SPARTAN in Nottinghamshire that is totally rectangular. It looks like the cover of a musician's keyboard.

Shooting is under enough pressure without people leaving firearms in unattended vehicles.

I have a sense of humour thank you, but it tends not to extend to people offering unwanted and/or off-topic advice :p

i travel with firearms every day , i dont leave them unattended , simple as that neil . How many folk have turned up without their bolt or mag ?

i travel with firearms every day , i dont leave them unattended , simple as that neil . How many folk have turned up without their bolt or mag ?

When travelling alone from one end of this country to the other you will need to leave them, even if just to pay for fuel.
I'd far rather drive 500 miles and find I had left the bolt at home, when balanced against the possibility of having a complete and ready to use rifle stolen.

Last edited:
I can not take the bolt out of two of my rifles with out a compleate strip down of the action (.308 & .444). best never take them out the cabbinet just sit by the computer and tell every one else how wrong they are ,never mind drive from cumbria to Heathrow airport 350 miles each way!! to go hunting abroad with no bolt holster .:rofl:

Back